Underslung wheel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underslung wheel removal

I just got a 1993 surf 2 months ago. I copped a puncture last night and tried to change the tyre over but can't work out how to remove the it from underneath the car. Just wondering if someone would kindly instruct me how to do so?

Cheers

There is a slot in the rear bumper to poke the long bar thats under the rear seat into, the round flat end will fit into the winch mech thats located above the spare wheel. In the tool roll thats normally in the one of the rear pockets is a L shaped bar that fits on the end of the long bar to make a handle.

On some trucks the winch is off to the left, and you have to put the bar in at 45 deg to the rear bumper, but most are above the spare.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Heres a Diagram of the SURF Toolkit.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        There is a slot in the rear bumper to poke the long bar thats under the rear seat into, the round flat end will fit into the winch mech thats located above the spare wheel. In the tool roll thats normally in the one of the rear pockets is a L shaped bar that fits on the end of the long bar to make a handle.

On some trucks the winch is off to the left, and you have to put the bar in at 45 deg to the rear bumper, but most are above the spare.
        If you have one on the 45 angle, The winches also sieze up..be prepared for a strip down job!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X