Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling to the left

any ideas on this.
    still pulling to the left after having 4 wheel alinment,castor,camber,kpi set(to 96 fourunner settings).no play in any of the suspenion or wheel bearing found.no adverse tyre wear.
    im at my wits end.had the beast 4 months now.
    fitted.
    cam belt
    filters/oil
    new glow plugs
    glowplug fuse
    radiator
    pressure cap
    and a new head next wednesday (....
    determined to sort it as i love it to bits
    Paul
    Nuneaton
    Warks
    93,ssrx,2.4 auto

Originally posted by PabloO
    any ideas on this.
    still pulling to the left after having 4 wheel alinment,castor,camber,kpi set(to 96 fourunner settings).no play in any of the suspenion or wheel bearing found.no adverse tyre wear.
    fitted.
    cam belt
    filters/oil
    new glow plugs
    glowplug fuse
    radiator
    pressure cap
    Paul
    Nuneaton
    Warks
    93,ssrx,2.4 auto
    POSSIBLY suspension worn shocker or spring ?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

puller

shocks n springs seem a ok no leaks even with a full tank and 4 passengers it dosent sag brakes aint binding ether and it measures up equally on the rims both sides and the ride hight and tyre pressures are correct too.
      disparingly yours Paul..........

Comment

Try swapping the wheels front to rear. When I had my front alignment done the guy said that the front tyres were worn enough to still cause a problem and I should swap them to the back. Sure enough, when I left the depot the truck still pulled but after I swapped the wheels it steered straight
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

forgot to say did that the day after the wheel alinment.still the same.
          thanks anyway

Comment

does it pull all the time? always to the left?

are there certain conditions which it happens?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

yep pulls all the time,dosent wonder or anything when i brake

Comment

Just a thought it may be an over or lazy power steering ram.

Comment

Originally posted by PabloO
                  any ideas on this.
                  fitted.
                  cam belt
                  filters/oil
                  new glow plugs
                  glowplug fuse
                  radiator
                  pressure cap
                  Paul
                  Nuneaton
                  Warks
                  93,ssrx,2.4 auto
                  I have the same problem the wheels will turn to the curb by themselves even at the garage on the ramps.Mechanic told me on some imported vehicles the steering is designed that way incase you fall asleep at the wheel the car steers to the curb..........Dont know if this is fact or complete bull ??????? but its a strange one.....could it be the car is posessed...spooky
                  All work and no play

Comment

are you sure the tracking is right? You say a it was set to '96? This a 3rd gen year, with a completely different suspention set up to a 2nd gen (89-95)
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
                      I have the same problem the wheels will turn to the curb by themselves even at the garage on the ramps.Mechanic told me on some imported vehicles the steering is designed that way incase you fall asleep at the wheel the car steers to the curb..........Dont know if this is fact or complete bull ??????? but its a strange one.....could it be the car is posessed...spooky
                      Utter bollock$, completely! Go back to the garage and smack them a jack handle, anyone coming out with this $hit just to cover up their incompetence should be shot.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

How about the steering Idler. Just cos there is no play when straight ahead, doesn't neccessarily mean that there will be no play when turning or under pressure. Mine pulled really badly to the left and it was the idler bushes. Straight as an arrow now.

Only other thing I can think of is that the tyres are slightly different in wear or in pressure, 1 psi can do it you know especially with the big tyres the surf has. Swap the tyres on the front over and see if it pulls the other way.

Also are you sure it hasn't got directional tyres on fitted the wrong way round on one side - it can happen believe me.

Stilll think it would be a dodgy Idler, pitman arm or a bent tie rod.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
                          What c**p so in the outside lane of the motorway you go across three lanes the hard shoulder, yeah good one. Was it a twit fit nitter
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            What c**p so in the outside lane of the motorway you go across three lanes the hard shoulder, yeah good one. Was it a twit fit nitter
                            Never thought of that, your right , wot total and utter bollock$ i need my head looking at listening to his $hit im changing garages tomorrow 2 get a 2nd opinion
                            Thanx guys
                            nice to know theres genuine trusting people to fall back on ...SURFERS
                            All work and no play

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              Utter bollock$, completely! Go back to the garage and smack them a jack handle, anyone coming out with this $hit just to cover up their incompetence should be shot.

Don't mince your words now Tony... say exactly what you think...
                              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X