up idler spluttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up idler spluttering

from cold if i put the up idler switch on, it splutters like mad and light grey(unburnt diesil) smoke ensues, she's not losing water, doesnt overheat and clears when more revs are applied, any clues?
    The benchmark....

chuck a whole bottle of redex in on a quater of a tank then drive the nuts off it make sure the od is switched off.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

will do, thanks, dirty injectors?
      The benchmark....

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
        will do, thanks, dirty injectors?
        Could be, worth a try as its the cheepist option, let us know how it goes mate.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler
          from cold if i put the up idler switch on, it splutters like mad and light grey(unburnt diesil) smoke ensues, she's not losing water, doesnt overheat and clears when more revs are applied, any clues?

Glowplugs on their way out.

Comment

how much of an arse is that job?
            The benchmark....

Comment

glowplugs are pretty easy for anyone with basic mechanic skills, it's like changing spark plugs on any other motor except you don't gotta remember what lead goes where. You just have to remove the 2 intake pipes, remove buzz bar +insulators, replace plugs, reassemble buzz bar, insulators and pipes.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                glowplugs are pretty easy for anyone with basic mechanic skills,
                oh i know how to change glow pugs, it was just whether or not it was an arse on a surf, thanks for the heads up mind, any info is greately apprieciated
                The benchmark....

Comment

Pretty simple then if you can reach the one nearest the bulkhead, there's a few little bit's and pieces get in the way on that one, and like i say the two big intake hoses over the top. I ended up sittin on the bull bars and doing them from there.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X