Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window issues.. how do I?

hi all.

ok, i've looked through a load of rear window problem threads and have a pretty good idea what i need to do, but.. ..maybe im being stupid, but as mine has jammed in the fully up position, how can I unlock or open the tailgate to get at it? obviously the tailgate lock is interlocked with the window, as it won't unlock.

does all this work have to be done from inside the car with tailgate shut & locked?

this is a bit of a pain as the car is fully loaded with a load of stuff i need to get out first, to make room to do anything
    Biggus Truckus..

Originally posted by kevsta
    hi all.

ok, i've looked through a load of rear window problem threads and have a pretty good idea what i need to do, but.. ..maybe im being stupid, but as mine has jammed in the fully up position, how can I unlock or open the tailgate to get at it? obviously the tailgate lock is interlocked with the window, as it won't unlock.

does all this work have to be done from inside the car with tailgate shut & locked?

this is a bit of a pain as the car is fully loaded with a load of stuff i need to get out first, to make room to do anything
    Hi Kev sorry to say but yes that will be the only way if you can't open the window.Have you checked to make sure the window lock button on the drivers door has'nt been pressed by accident and also check to make sure the rear wiper is seated proper but if you have checked these then its in thru the back door job
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

you could disconnct the window motor then you can push the window up and down by hand
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

re

Ok, thanks for your reply. I never cease to be amazed at the speed of response from you guys

no, not sure what the exact problem is, but its not lock button or wiper, it barely made it up last night after loading up (needed a little push to close fully) and now i can hear the motor running when i push the button, theres just no action. its just like the window suddenly got too tight in the frame. ..now how am i going to get all that stuff out through the doors?

lol, typical, countdown to permanent emigration is now 3 weeks and 3 days, and i obviously didnt have enough to do...
        Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Mine started to do that, so maybe your motor has died.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your reply. I never cease to be amazed at the speed of response from you guys

no, not sure what the exact problem is, but its not lock button or wiper, it barely made it up last night after loading up (needed a little push to close fully) and now i can hear the motor running when i push the button, theres just no action. its just like the window suddenly got too tight in the frame. ..now how am i going to get all that stuff out through the doors?

lol, typical, countdown to permanent emigration is now 3 weeks and 3 days, and i obviously didnt have enough to do...
            you can do a repair on the motor but see if you can get a motor from the s c rapyard from a celica,corolla or a hiace van passenger side front or rear will do.I paid £15 for a motor from the s c rappy for Clayton

Comment

If you give Sledge a shout he may be able to fix you up with a drivers side window motor but you will have to turn it round in order to fit it but it does work and he was selling them at a good price

Comment

re

ok, will scout about for one. how do you know the one youre buying isnt about to quit though?

unfortunately i cant disconnect the motor to move the window cos the seats are down and the cars full of big things.

...may have to get the chainsaw out.

kin'ell.
                Biggus Truckus..

Comment

I'm running Sledge's rear window motor in mine lol

Comment

ok, will scout about for one. how do you know the one youre buying isnt about to quit though?

unfortunately i cant disconnect the motor to move the window cos the seats are down and the cars full of big things.

...may have to get the chainsaw out.

kin'ell.
                    if the s c rappy is any good then ask him to try the motor out while you are there they have only got to wire it direct to a battery,and also there are 2 tabs on the back of the motor if you bend them up then you can get to see what the inside is like.I done this infront of them at the breakers and they were happy to let me do it

Comment

if you can hear the motor running push down firmly on the glass, while the key is turned, i had to do this with mine for months before i finally got round to swapping the motor.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

if you can't get a motor from a breakers then take the one from the rear drivers side door for the time and put it in the tailgate

Comment

i got one motor left drivers door one

Comment

super

Originally posted by sledge
                            i got one motor left drivers door one
                            Hi Sledge was trying to PM but dont seem to be allowed to? how much, what do i need to do etc?

kev
                            Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Hi Sledge was trying to PM but dont seem to be allowed to? how much, what do i need to do etc?

kev
                              Kev you can only pm if you are a paid up member

Comment

Working...
                              X