shift lever stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift lever stuck

Hi I asked about this problem before, after towing a trailer the shift lever doesn't move out of park when I depress the brake pedal and my brake lights don't work, i was told that a fuse or relay might have blown, so I was wondering where this fuse or relay would be so I can replace it. I had a quick look in both the in-car fuse board and the engine comparment one and didnt find any blown fuses. What am I looking for!!!help! Its a 3rd gen ssr-x. any help would be great. thanks

Originally posted by northcountryboy76
    Hi I asked about this problem before, after towing a trailer the shift lever doesn't move out of park when I depress the brake pedal and my brake lights don't work, i was told that a fuse or relay might have blown, so I was wondering where this fuse or relay would be so I can replace it. I had a quick look in both the in-car fuse board and the engine comparment one and didnt find any blown fuses. What am I looking for!!!help! Its a 3rd gen ssr-x. any help would be great. thanks
    I think i read that if a brake light bulb blows then it will have to be replaced in order to be able to move the selector

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      I think i read that if a brake light bulb blows then it will have to be replaced in order to be able to move the selector

Comment

Originally Posted by stormforce1067
        Originally posted by magnum
        Ehhhhhhhhh!!!!!! lol
        Richard is not joking, it's a Jap 'Safety' feature
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Richard is not joking, it's a Jap 'Safety' feature
          Oh...got ya....

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              Not even by pressing the red button?
              yeah, works if i press the red button, its a pain in the arse though to have to do that every time!!!

Comment

If your brake lights normally work and it only does it when you've got a trailer on, it's something to do with the towbar electrics or the trailer. Do the brake lights work on the trailer if you plug it into someone else's towbar?

Comment

Working...
                X