back window probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back window probs

lowered back window the other day from switch inside i was talking to my passenger at the time and forgot i had my finger on the button for ages now window wont move up or down i can hear the motor running but nothing happens might i have stripped the teeth of the motor iv tried pushing the window up by hand while pressing the button and the same with the key outside to no avail could i replace it with one of the rear pasenger door motor or are they diffferent

Originally posted by mick19691
    lowered back window the other day from switch inside i was talking to my passenger at the time and forgot i had my finger on the button for ages now window wont move up or down i can hear the motor running but nothing happens might i have stripped the teeth of the motor iv tried pushing the window up by hand while pressing the button and the same with the key outside to no avail could i replace it with one of the rear pasenger door motor or are they diffferent
    you can replace it with the rear passenger door motor and then go to a s c r a y a r d and see if you can get another motor from a mr2 or corolla passenger side to put back in the door
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

back window

ok thats great news just one more thing can i just take out the motor or is there other stuff i need to remove
      thanks

Comment

ok thats great news just one more thing can i just take out the motor or is there other stuff i need to remove
        thanks
        its just the motor that needs to come out.I cant give you any pointers on the easiest way of getting the door motor out as i have never done it but the tailgate isn't too bad.You will need a 8mm spanner to get the 3 bolts holding the motor in place and they are under the motor but you will se once you get in there

Comment

nah comes out fairly easy, three 8mm bolts on the back of the motor, remember the mechanism is spring loaded.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

back window

ok fellas thanks for the info

Comment

back window

ok fellas thanks for the info
              job done today fairly easy took motor from back door as advised back window is working better than b4 it broke.only one differance but not a major prob when using the switch inside when you press up the window goes down and viceversa not bothered aslong as it works
              cheers for all the help
              mick
              Last edited by mick19691; 25 February 2007, 16:23.

Comment

job done today fairly easy took motor from back door as advised back window is working better than b4 it broke.only one differance but not a major prob when using the switch inside when you press up the window goes down and viceversa not bothered aslong as it works
                cheers for all the help
                mick
                next time you got the tailgate down Mick just take off the panel and swap the wires over

Comment

back window

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  next time you got the tailgate down Mick just take off the panel and swap the wires over
                  yes cheers i was thinking thats all it would take
                  thanks again
                  mick

Comment

yes cheers i was thinking thats all it would take
                    thanks again
                    mick
                    Hi while you are doing that give all the runners and guides even on the side of the rear door a good spray with silicon lube and put plenty of greese on the motor teeth ?

Did all my windows on my surf all the windows fly up and down now.
                    The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

back window

planning on doing just that on the weekend weather permitting of course gunna greese every thing up
                      thanks
                      mick

Comment

Working...
                      X