noise!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise!!

Hi, been looking on mechanical for a answer to my question but cant find anything.
    So...since i've had the surf {some 2 weeks} i have had a dry rattle in the engine
    its only when i start her up in a morning from cold and only last's 1 second then it's gone. Is it something i should worry about or is it the norm? Thanks.
    Oh, if it help's the noise is like a...Brrrrr.
    Last edited by magnum force; 21 February 2007, 19:34.

Originally posted by magnum
    Hi, been looking on mechanical for a answer to my question but cant find anything.
    So...since i've had the surf {some 2 weeks} i have had a dry rattle in the engine
    its only when i start her up in a morning from cold and only last's 1 second then it's gone. Is it something i should worry about or is it the norm? Thanks.
    Oh, if it help's the noise is like a...Brrrrr.
    Only the tightest engines don't do that when started from cold, if you've got a decent oil filter (cheap ones let the oil drain out of the top half of the engine over night) it'll be OK. L's truck does it, and most others I've had here.

It does it quite badly on SVO in the winter, as the injectors arn't firing 100%properly for a few secs till the cold lumpy veg is pushed out.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Only the tightest engines don't do that when started from cold, if you've got a decent oil filter (cheap ones let the oil drain out of the top half of the engine over night) it'll be OK. L's truck does it, and most others I've had here.

It does it quite badly on SVO in the winter, as the injectors arn't firing 100%properly for a few secs till the cold lumpy veg is pushed out.
      Thanks for that Tony. Thought everyone was scratching there heads on this one. lol. As a matter of info, what's the best oil and filter for these beasts?

Comment

Originally posted by magnum
        Thanks for that Tony. Thought everyone was scratching there heads on this one. lol. As a matter of info, what's the best oil and filter for these beasts?
        15/40 semi-synth. With regards to filters, either a Toyota original, or my personal favourites are Mann and Mahle. And preempting your next question,

Filter list

Comment

Working...
        X