Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My surf is litrally surfing the road

Dear Fellow Surfees

I have a bit of a problem, recently I had my car parked for a about a month and did not move it much. Recently last weekend I serviced and begun to tart it up.

I decided to engage the 4x4 by selecting using the automated button on the small gear stick. The car began to surf to the right. The ssurf was pulling to the right heavly and to maintain control on the A421 I had to turn the steering wheel to the left to compensate for the pull to the right.

What can this be? What could the cost be?

Thanks for your comments

you don't say what type of Surf you have, if is a 1st or 2nd Generation, (up to 95') you don't wanna be putting it in 4wd on the road, it'll bind up the drive train, leading to odd things happening, like what you've posted.

Does it still do it in normal driving, ie 2wd?

if it doesn't, then don't worry about it, if it does it in 2wd, look for dodgy bearings, stuck brakes etc,etc.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by blazer
      Dear Fellow Surfees

I have a bit of a problem, recently I had my car parked for a about a month and did not move it much. Recently last weekend I serviced and begun to tart it up.

I decided to engage the 4x4 by selecting using the automated button on the small gear stick. The car began to surf to the right. The ssurf was pulling to the right heavly and to maintain control on the A421 I had to turn the steering wheel to the left to compensate for the pull to the right.

What can this be? What could the cost be?

Thanks for your comments
      Another Bedford Surf ... where abouts are you , what surf you got ?

Let us know about the 4x4 thing .. but as TOny said , you should never put the 4x4 on on tarmac ( unless thick ice or snow on the road ) as there is no Central Diff , you wil break the drive train or funny things will happen like the back wheels will try to overtake you !!
      http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

4WD on 3RD Gen Surfs

Are 3rd gen surfs ok to drive on the road in four 4WD
        Peachy
        3.0TD
        New Gen

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy
          Are 3rd gen surfs ok to drive on the road in four 4WD
          Yes, as long as the centre diff is not locked.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X