Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Plug Replacement

Hi

I think one of my glow plugs have gone kaput. Are they easy to replace. Can I do it myself (complete novice), or is it a garage job?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers all
    [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Originally posted by The Griff
    Hi

I think one of my glow plugs have gone kaput. Are they easy to replace. Can I do it myself (complete novice), or is it a garage job?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers all
    Can do it yourself, take all of 20 minutes. Absoulte piece of p**s. Also very obvious how to do it once you have a look. Just need a long 14mm socket.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Can do it yourself, take all of 20 minutes. Absoulte piece of p**s. Also very obvious how to do it once you have a look. Just need a long 14mm socket.

Cheers
      Make sure you assemble it back together, especially the bar assembly where it bolts to the block.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Easy

Hmm........... I think 20 minutes is a bit optimistic! It took me that to get one of the ducts off the top of the engine!

Having said that, it was an easy job. Allow at least an hour - that way you should get 2 cups of coffee in from a concerned spouse.

Also, it is worth doing a search on this forum regarding how to re-assemble the blue and black spacer. This often gets re-assembled incorrectly by people who change the cylinder heads resulting in a blown 80A fuse!!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
          Hmm........... I think 20 minutes is a bit optimistic! . Allow at least an hour - that way you should get 2 cups of coffee in from a concerned spouse.

The blue and black spacer. This often gets re-assembled incorrectly by people who change the cylinder heads resulting in a blown 80A fuse!!

Rob
          Agreed
          If you really want to test your sense of humour, blow the 80 Amp link
          On mine, a '90 LN130 2LT It is not a fun thing to have to change.

As some of the others have said, it is not an overly challenging job.
          Take your time
          Do it methodically
          Put it ALL back the same way it came off and in the reverse order.
          .....and it will all be good
          Enjoy
          Simon.O.
          '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
          X