yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much for an engine clean / oil leak trace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for an engine clean / oil leak trace?

Hi all.

I have an oil leak from the top of my engine and the garage are having it in next week to have a butchers at it. They are going to give it a ‘steam clean’ to trace the leak.

Assuming it is one of the common faults i.e. rocker cover / bolts not renewed following head change / bolts not torqued down correctly following a head change or a loose valve or whatever (ooooooh get me I sound like you experts LOL!!!).

Assuming it is something like the faults above, how much ‘roughly’ should I expect be getting charged? Also, how much should they be charging me to install a fog light on the rear bumper (which they say I need for the MOT?)

I am trying to budget for this month you see, help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Jon.
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

If you can build your own speaker enclosure, you can fit you own foglight!!
    You say in your first post on here that you bought your truck from someone else, so I guess another MOT would have taken place when he had it and the wiring should be there already!

Let us know what the steam clean reveals so we can advise on costs.

Foglights are only 3 or 4 quid BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
      Hi all.

I have an oil leak from the top of my engine and the garage are having it in next week to have a butchers at it. They are going to give it a ‘steam clean’ to trace the leak.

Assuming it is one of the common faults i.e. rocker cover / bolts not renewed following head change / bolts not torqued down correctly following a head change or a loose valve or whatever (ooooooh get me I sound like you experts LOL!!!).

Assuming it is something like the faults above, how much ‘roughly’ should I expect be getting charged? Also, how much should they be charging me to install a fog light on the rear bumper (which they say I need for the MOT?)

I am trying to budget for this month you see, help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Jon.
      if the surf is a fresh import then it should have the fog light fitted for the first mot.but if its been broken off then the wires should still be at the back somewhere
      sorry not sure of any prices for the other work
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        if the surf is a fresh import then it should have the fog light fitted for the first mot.but if its been broken off then the wires should still be at the back somewhere
        sorry not sure of any prices for the other work

Stop looking over my shoulder and copying Richard, I'll tell sir!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Stop looking over my shoulder and copying Richard, I'll tell sir!
          i must learn to type quicker.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

LOL!!! Ok then, no worries...

My Dad is building the enclsure btw - not me

There is a spare fog light in the car actually, I might just aske them to put that on. It seems the guy I bought it off hasn't done too much to it in terms of maintenance . Guess that's why I only paid £1400 for it!!!

It had a new head / cam belt fitted last year too!!!!!!!!

Assuming there are no nasty problems is that a bargain?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
              LOL!!! Ok then, no worries...

My Dad is building the enclsure btw - not me

There is a spare fog light in the car actually, I might just aske them to put that on. It seems the guy I bought it off hasn't done too much to it in terms of maintenance . Guess that's why I only paid £1400 for it!!!

It had a new head / cam belt fitted last year too!!!!!!!!

Assuming there are no nasty problems is that a bargain?

Hell yeah!

Comment

Cool, I thought so too.

Needs a couple of things though - new spare tyre, passenger side seatbelt but aside from that it is all good.

Just need to get my rear speakers sorted and I will be a happy man :o).

Comment

Please put your vehicle details in. ta.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                  X