Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPC help please...

Hi
    Can someone help me out please: can someone look up the gear box on a 2nd gen 3L 4runner for me?

I am looking for the part no.s for the upper and lower bearings on the main gear shaft. Sorry I cannot be more technically accurate as to what I need but if some one could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Model no: KZN 130R - GKMSXW
    Frame: 8001855
    Engine: 1KZ045 3393

Thanks.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Originally posted by bundubasher
    Hi
    Can someone help me out please: can someone look up the gear box on a 2nd gen 3L 4runner for me?

I am looking for the part no.s for the upper and lower bearings on the main gear shaft. Sorry I cannot be more technically accurate as to what I need but if some one could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Model no: KZN 130R - GKMSXW
    Frame: 8001855
    Engine: 1KZ045 3393

Thanks.
    Why cant toyota give you the part numbers
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

1. Toyota EA are on the other side of Nairobi in the industrial area and it is absolute murder to get to at this time of day. On my last visit I made a U -turn and was stopped by the police. There was no sign prohibiting U-turns but the cop said I had made an illegal turn. Wanted to drag me off to the cop shop but I managed to squeeze out of that one by "buying him liunch". In africa you NEVER want to go to the police station as it'll seriously dent you wallet. So far I've bought lunch for traffic cops in South Africa and Kenya and as I had no Kwacha on me, running a red light at 3am cost me 4 beers!

2. My landline is currently not working (hasn't worked foe the last week) and i've not got any credit on my mobile.

If there's no joy I'll go tomorrow am - it's just that I'd like to go knowing what I'm looking for as I left the original samples back in Zim. In Zim the guy at Toyota kept telling me that the computer said it was part X. When he brought part X I could see that it was too small as had the sample with me, but this guy kept saying it was part X because that's what his computer said. Lucky I had the sample as I could prove that part X would in no way ever match.

Now the quality of staff in Kenya are worse than in Zim so I'd like to go prepared that's all...
      @africa4x4cafe

Comment

What gear box do you have? R150 or R151. I think I have the right diagram. Just need to confirm and then I will post the diagram and hopefully you can tell me which parts you need.

Nev

Comment

This is what I come up with in the EPC using your model and frame numbers.

R150 Diagram -

Nev

Comment

Thanks man!

The diagram looks good but I am having problems ID'ing the two bearings.

There should be two bearings one at either end of the output shaft. One is bigger than the other but I cannot see both of them on the shaft.

I'll print out the diagram and take it with me so at least I'll be armed with something.

Many thanks again.
            @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Thanks again...

I have the R150F transmission according to my manual RM 1535.

The problem I have is that the output shaft I have is alot shorter than the one in your diagram. The two bearings: the larger one is on the top of the output shaft and the smaller one is at the rear. You have to remove the rear bearing retainer to remove the shaft I think.

Does this no. come up on your EPC: 90363-35039?
              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Does this no. come up on your EPC: 90363-35039?
                Yes. It says Bearing (For Output Shaft Centre) 33321V in diagram

90363-30047 - Bearing ( For Output Shaft Rear) 33321A in diagram

If you need any other part numbers just quote the diagram number/s.

Nev

Comment

Is that the order in which they fit on the shaft? As I remember there being a load of gears between the two bearings that needed replacent in Zim. Is there a Bearing Output Shaft Top? Or any other bearings listed?
                  @africa4x4cafe

Comment

I see what it is now...some bearings go inside others and they show them slightly differently in my manual.

Along this shaft, are there any items you would normally replace as it would be unwise to reuse them? I was thinking of the thrust washers, snap rings etc?
                    @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Along this shaft, are there any items you would normally replace as it would be unwise to reuse them? I was thinking of the thrust washers, snap rings etc?
                      That I am not sure of so will give you some part numbers.

33321B snap rings look like they come in a variety of thicknesses so you will need to determine which you need during repair. 2.65 to 3.45mm in 0.05 increments according to the EPC. Looks like they are marked with a letter.

33321C - 90520-8100133348 - Ring, Shaft Snap ( For Output Shaft Bearing)

33348 - 33348-35010 - Washer, 1St Gear Thrust

33335C - 90364-39005 - Bearing, Needle Roller (For 1ST Gear) Suppled in case you want to replace this as well.

Nev

Comment

I'll print all this info and diagram out and take it to Toyota tomorrow for some quotations. Many thanks again for all your help.

Go well,

enzo.
                        @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                          33321C - 90520-8100133348 - Ring, Shaft Snap ( For Output Shaft Bearing)
                          Correction to above -

33321C - 90520-81001 - Ring, Shaft Snap ( For Output Shaft Bearing)

Nev

Comment

Hey Nifty!

Do you still have that EPC diagram? You know the one you did for me last time?

90363-35039 - Bearing (For Output Shaft Centre) 33321V in diagram

90363-30047 - Bearing ( For Output Shaft Rear) 33321A in diagram

Thanks
                            Last edited by bundubasher; 18 July 2008, 11:07.
                            @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
                            X