Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• land cruiser springs

Sorry for bringing up this subject again

I know this has been discussed so many times but i just need a quick answer pleeeeeease!!!!!

Want to fit hdj80's to the truck will the original shocks be ok and will the handling be ok (will obviously be winding the front up to match)

Thanks for the help!!!
    Those Damn cables!

Originally posted by Ollie

I know this has been discussed so many times but i just need a quick answer pleeeeeease!!!!!

Want to fit hdj80's to the truck will the original shocks be ok and will the handling be ok (will obviously be winding the front up to match)

Thanks for the help!!!
    you will nedd at least +2" shocks. and you wont be able to wind the torsion bars up to level the surf as you can only go to a max of 2" at the most on them without doing any other mods
    I have got the +3" shocks on the rear of mine and +2" on the front
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie

Thanks for the help!!!

You can get away with using your standard shocks, but they will be at the top of their travel.
      OK for normal road use untill you get some longer shocks.

I've got the 'Cruiser springs with pro-comp ES3000 +2 shockers.

Comment

Thanks

Cheers for the advice Vince
        Think I will fit the springs and leave it standard shocks until next month

thanks for the help
        Those Damn cables!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
          you will nedd at least +2" shocks. and you wont be able to wind the torsion bars up to level the surf as you can only go to a max of 2" at the most on them without doing any other mods
          I have got the +3" shocks on the rear of mine and +2" on the front
          stormforce, where did you get your +3" shocks, are they es9000's?

i'm awaiting my hdj80 spring coming from millners, should get them monday.

if the shocks were'nt that dear, i would concider changing them at the same time.

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
            stormforce, where did you get your +3" shocks, are they es9000's?

i'm awaiting my hdj80 spring coming from millners, should get them monday.

if the shocks were'nt that dear, i would concider changing them at the same time.

cheers scotty
            Hi Scooty my shocks are the es3000's and i got them thru Tonyn.I think they were about £35 a piece but i have got delivery to go on top aswell yet.
            I think Barry at roughtrax can get them but he will need a serial no.or something off of the shocks but i can get that off of mine if you want it but it wont be till tomorrow

Comment

i run +4inch rear shocks on l/c springs, depends what you want it to do. if your binning the arb then go for the plus 4's it gives an extra few inches of articulation
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

andrew, where did you get you +4" shocks?

how do you find it without the rear anti roll bar off?

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                  andrew, where did you get you +4" shocks?

how do you find it without the rear anti roll bar off?

cheers scotty
                  Hi Scotty.You can get the +4" shocks from here
                  http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...rs_ES9000.html

or speak to Tonyn and he can get them for you

Comment

go for the l/c springs.and +4 es9000s front and rear. bin the front and rear a.r.b.s and wind the torsion bars up a couple of inches, mine handles really well with this set up.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                      go for the l/c springs.and +4 es9000s front and rear. bin the front and rear a.r.b.s and wind the torsion bars up a couple of inches, mine handles really well with this set up.
                      Erm, except you don't have a front diff in yours. Winding the front torsion bars up 2" on a 'normal' Surf is a recipe for destroying CVs etc.
                      Paul </Slugsie>
                      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                        Erm, except you don't have a front diff in yours. Winding the front torsion bars up 2" on a 'normal' Surf is a recipe for destroying CVs etc.
                        thats why i got the diff spacers aswell so i can get that little bit more

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                          sh1t yea i keep forgetting that.ok lift it as much as poss.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

wind up 1.5 inches and it runs a little bit willowy on the road but is far better off road in the mud . if you put a 30mm spacer to drop the front diff you can ride plus two inches on the front. I am thinking about upgrading my torson bars.
                            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                              sh1t yea i keep forgetting that.ok lift it as much as poss.

I had mine wound up 2" on the front, with diff and roll bar spacers on too. However I found that it made the handling 'unusual' to I've wound it back down to just over an inch. Still slightly odd, but much better.
                              Paul </Slugsie>
                              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X