yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me Please.. will this engine fit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please.. will this engine fit???

I was hoping that somebody on here could help me with a little advice. Through a friend, I have come across a 2.4 auto 1993 K reg ssrx which i'm yet to see in the flesh, but looks absolutely stunning in his pictures. The problem being is that im told it needs a new engine. I happen to have a low miler 2.4td engine (and gearbox) from a 4x4 hilux pick up and I wondered if this would a) fit into the surf and b) fit onto the original auto gearbox or if this is totally unfeasable. I'm not sure if my engine is a 2LT or a 2LTE but i can tell you its out of a 2000 X-reg Hilux Double Cab Pickup, 2446cc Turbo Diesel EX model.

I'm going to view the car late sunday aft or monday, and would also appreciate any tips on what to look out for on a surf of that age as i have never even been up close to one before. Any help would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

The 2.4 that's in a Surf is an 'LN' series engine, hence the LN130 name (the 3.0 is a KZN).
    Look at the chassis number on the pick-up. Does that start with LN? If so, my guess would be that it's the same engine, and therefore should fit...
    It just does, OK?

Comment

You'll need the complete loom and ECU from the pickup if you want to use the gearbox, the Surf is probably an Auto, and comes with a ECU specifically for a Autobox.

It should phsically fit, if it is a 2L motor, especially if you bolt the engine to your autobox, if you want the manual you'll need different lenght prop shafts (pickups and surf are different wheel base) and the gearbox crossmenber will need some work.

I'd be tempted to just use the engine, you may find sensors and manifolds are different from the pickup set up, and its also probably non-EFI, so you'll need the Surfs old fuel pump, and leave the wiring and gearbox in the Surf.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

well checked v5 and my engine no. starts with... 2L49. The chassis no.starts JTFD. Does this mean im in business???

Comment

Originally posted by maf1
          I was hoping that somebody on here could help me with a little advice. Through a friend, I have come across a 2.4 auto 1993 K reg ssrx which i'm yet to see in the flesh, but looks absolutely stunning in his pictures. The problem being is that im told it needs a new engine. I happen to have a low miler 2.4td engine (and gearbox) from a 4x4 hilux pick up and I wondered if this would a) fit into the surf and b) fit onto the original auto gearbox or if this is totally unfeasable. I'm not sure if my engine is a 2LT or a 2LTE but i can tell you its out of a 2000 X-reg Hilux Double Cab Pickup, 2446cc Turbo Diesel EX model.

I'm going to view the car late sunday aft or monday, and would also appreciate any tips on what to look out for on a surf of that age as i have never even been up close to one before. Any help would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks
          Lol...cound have done with meeting you a month ago..ive just done the exact opposite!...(surf engine in to a pickup!) i swapped loom ECU etc...and short of a few tuning problems..all is going well...im more than happy to help if you have any compatability questions tho..its still (all too) fresh in my mind!..

Cheers

Sparkz
          sparkz
          http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X