rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear springs

hi guys wondered if you could help ? have a 96 gen 3 surf ssr x 3.0 td when there are three adults in the rear the suspension seems to bottom out easy is this because the springs are weak or is this common?would fitting uprated springs make the ride harsher?E.t.c
    [B]keep on surf'in[/B]

I did my rear springs 2 weeks ago, (a 3.0l 4runner 1996) bought them from milner £40 pair plus vat P&P. Sits properley now and is not hard on the rear, recommend doing it, had mine done in a couple of hours
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by adyrips
      hi guys wondered if you could help ? have a 96 gen 3 surf ssr x 3.0 td when there are three adults in the rear the suspension seems to bottom out easy is this because the springs are weak or is this common?would fitting uprated springs make the ride harsher?E.t.c
      do you have the adjustable suspension? is it set on hard?

shouldn't bottom out as there's loads of travel... (unlike the front)
      some have said that mine is a bit bouncy in the back!?!?

(p.s. a 96 4runner is equivalent to a 2nd gen surf)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thanks guys mine is'nt the adjustable suspension but have been in touch with supertrux and they have a pair of 1.5"lift+10% stiffer springs to fit gen 3 surfs cost £80 +vat+p&p also said it was a common problem as this is there most popular item to replace on surfs and that the surf was undersprung from new for the american market for a softer ride. so i'll be getting a pair of these i think.
        [B]keep on surf'in[/B]

Comment

thanks guys mine is'nt the adjustable suspension but have been in touch with supertrux and they have a pair of 1.5"lift+10% stiffer springs to fit gen 3 surfs cost £80 +vat+p&p also said it was a common problem as this is there most popular item to replace on surfs and that the surf was undersprung from new for the american market for a softer ride. so i'll be getting a pair of these i think.
          might be worth getting a set of decent shocks too, i think LA supertrux do a good deal if you buy them as a set.

look for the pro comps, they seem to be quite good judging by otthers that have tham.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

well supertrux got it all wrong they rang me back after ordering them and said they wer'nt sure they fit mine as they list upto 97 so could be for gen 2 only does anyone know if gen 2 and gen 3 rear springs are the same
            [B]keep on surf'in[/B]

Comment

well supertrux got it all wrong they rang me back after ordering them and said they wer'nt sure they fit mine as they list upto 97 so could be for gen 2 only does anyone know if gen 2 and gen 3 rear springs are the same
              Gen 2 is only up to early '96 as far as I know, 97 is definately Gen 3

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X