K & N air fliters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    The 'Whoops I fitted an intercooler' thread.

Both were 2.4s.

Comment

Might have to get a free flow air filter to make ita bit more drivable. What size is the inlet piping??? Will a std 3 inch universal jubilee clamped filter go on ot is it smaller. Or is there an AFM set up & i need to make an adaptor plate??? Really miss the induction whistle from the skyline & it might help to drown out the horrible rattly diesel engine noise. Also does anybody do a performance exhaust??? Something with about a 4 inch tailpipe would do Just need a bit more noise

Comment

Quite a few people on here have had 'drainpipes' fitted to the underside of their trucks, type stainless or exhausts into the search box.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Quite a few people on here have had 'drainpipes' fitted to the underside of their trucks

I just hope he don't ask how to lower the suspension as well.

Comment

Just cut the coils down dont i

Comment

I got a s/s drainpipe and it sounds good, would sound better on a v6 though. As far as performance goes, it makes very little (if any) noticable difference. I got mine from a local powerflow dealer. If you're looking for pound for pound performance gains on a TD the general advice would be to go for an ECU remap or piggyback chip. Although i know this doesn't neccesarily work well on all turbo diesel engines. And also the ECU remap may well work better with a s/s exhaust and or 'performance' air filter.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

To notice any power gains you need to fit a 3" diameter downpipe direct from the turbo and the rest of the exhaust made from 2.5" tube with one straight through silencer.

S'what I'm doin'

Comment

Im fairly clued up on what to do to get the power (last car went from a std 250 bhp to 380+ & i did most of it myself) i just dont know where to go shopping

Comment

Powerflow dealers seem ok for exhausts and you tell em what you want and they do it. Alternatively classic car restorers are also normally fairly good at custom exhausts and they make everything from scratch, whereas powerflow use off the shelf parts and a bender then bend and weld everything into shape. Powerflow is probably gonna be cheaper than this.

Chips and filters i haven't really worried about as i haven't been in a position to afford a chip and want to keep an airbox so i can fit a snorkel.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Working...
                    X