Were are they most prone to rust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were are they most prone to rust?

I found a little bit of rust on the lower part of the doors were the water drain holes are. Are there any more places which are prone to rust?

Oh if anyone has any copys of service manuals (any type of manuals) for the 1995 Hilux pickup 2L-TE auto or similar models please would you email them to me as my van is a jap import and there were no manuals with it when it came.
    damian89@maltanet.net

Thanks for the great help guys

All the drain holes in the doors and tailgate need keeping clear, apart from that the only place Surfs have rust issues are the bumpers. The inside surfaces are very lightly coated and it rust through quite regularly, mostly the rear bumper end pieces.

Most body rust is from damage to the paint.

Long term general body rust may appear in a few more years, as there is no underseal on Jap cars, only paint. Most most car havn't been here that long. Not sure about from where your from.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

what i discovered after giving my truck its yearly polish before winter was that the rear window areas ,at the top behind the rubber seal,had quite badly corroded and needed re doing. this was exactly the same as my friends 2.4 on his windows.the first day i got mine i got it on a two post lift and waxoyled inside the chassis and then went over the floorpans with body underseal and greased hell out of nearly everything.like tony said they dont use the $$$$ on the roads in japan like we do to clear ice and its only after a few winters here that you stat to see surface corrosion on the chassis,which can quickly deteriorate.and obviously nearer the coast the salt water from the sea speeds the process rather rapidly.
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Working...
      X