Shultz underseal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shultz underseal

Hi all I have been quoted £80 to have the underside of my surf sprayed with Shultz ( is that the correct spelling ) what are the pro's and con's of this stuff, I cant find anybody local to me who does undersealing or rustproofing with Dinotrol or waxoyl, opinions please

Looking in excess of £400 for a full waxoyl down this way, for the sake of £80 i'd go for it.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
      Looking in excess of £400 for a full waxoyl down this way,
      Jeez!! I was thinking of treating mine to a waxoyling, but didn't realise it was that expensive!!
      It just does, OK?

Comment

done my truck with it in the summer when it was nice and dry ,
        is it going to be done proffesionally ie chassis washed and dried then sprayed if so £80 is well cheap
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

£400 quid is damned expensive. Mine cost £100 when I had it done last
          year. I supplied the Waxoyl/Schutz which cost about £20 quid, and they
          steam cleaned and sprayed the devil on, and put a bit of clear Waxoyl on
          as well 'cos I hadn't quite got enough.

If there is someone who does Schutz, they should do Waxoyl as well. They
          are both Hammerite products. You can even get it premixed.

Comment

Hi all, thanks for your response, I dont think they will steam clean it at that price, I turn up with, it they spray it underneath, leave it to dry on and I collect it at the end of the day. I just really wanted a bit of protection underneath before the salt starts going down on the road. the guy even said "why bother, it will last ten years in our climate with whats allready on there before you would need any chassis repairs" I am going to have it done anyway for the sake of £80. Does anybody know what will happen at MOT time if the brake lines are covered by Shultz and cannot be inspected?

Comment

Originally posted by mayto
              Hi all, thanks for your response, I dont think they will steam clean it at that price, I turn up with, it they spray it underneath, leave it to dry on and I collect it at the end of the day. I just really wanted a bit of protection underneath before the salt starts going down on the road. the guy even said "why bother, it will last ten years in our climate with whats allready on there before you would need any chassis repairs" I am going to have it done anyway for the sake of £80. Does anybody know what will happen at MOT time if the brake lines are covered by Shultz and cannot be inspected?
              Technically they are allowed to scratch off the shultz to inspect the pipes, but normally they will inspect them at the ends where the plastic coating stops. I used to work at a garage which did mot's and I've never known one get failed for having the pipes covered in whatever gunk (apart from rust)
              Last edited by coolsv650; 16 November 2006, 01:41. Reason: it $$$$'d out my word (and it wasent even rude!)
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Ok thanks for that coolsv60 I am going to book it in and have it done, thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                X