Sticking back wheel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking back wheel ?

Hi guys ... whats wrong with my surf ????

When i turn a sharp corner , eg junction or pull onto driveway , I get a loud clonk from the back of the truck as if one of the wheels is stuck.

Sounds a bit like when you try to drive on tarmac with 4wd engaged.

Is my Diff all screwed ? It did it a few weeks ago , then went away but now its back again.

Hope someone can help , and its not going to be expensive !

Fingers Crossed X
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Could be your roll bar bushes, mines the same and it sounds like its comin from the rear but it aint its underneath you. I've heard they are a sinch to replace but I'm just putting up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      Could be your roll bar bushes, mines the same and it sounds like its comin from the rear but it aint its underneath you. I've heard they are a sinch to replace but I'm just putting up with it.
      I will check that , but I had them replaced for the MOT 6 months ago , with Big Orange ones from Milners !

Just really scared its my Dif , but dont see how it can be intermittant !

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
        Hi guys ... whats wrong with my surf ????

When i turn a sharp corner , eg junction or pull onto driveway , I get a loud clonk from the back of the truck as if one of the wheels is stuck.

Sounds a bit like when you try to drive on tarmac with 4wd engaged.

Is my Diff all screwed ? It did it a few weeks ago , then went away but now its back again.

Hope someone can help , and its not going to be expensive !

Fingers Crossed X

does it only do it when turning one way (left or right), may be the rear brakes binding and with less weight on that wheel as you turn its locking up??
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          does it only do it when turning one way (left or right), may be the rear brakes binding and with less weight on that wheel as you turn its locking up??
          Its just stopped doing it again , but it seemed to be turning Left , and the right hand reaer would 'stick' , but the break thing sounds likely. It sounds just like my dads Astra when the handbrake sticks on and thumps off again

Would the causes be overheated brakes ? as I did give it a good roasting the other day , racing home in time for tea !!!

I am picking up my new wheels tonight so will probably swap em over at the weekend and take a look at the brakes while im there.

( brakes sounds so much better than Rear Diff ! )

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
            Its just stopped doing it again , but it seemed to be turning Left , and the right hand reaer would 'stick' , but the break thing sounds likely. It sounds just like my dads Astra when the handbrake sticks on and thumps off again

Would the causes be overheated brakes ? as I did give it a good roasting the other day , racing home in time for tea !!!

I am picking up my new wheels tonight so will probably swap em over at the weekend and take a look at the brakes while im there.

( brakes sounds so much better than Rear Diff ! )

Cheers
            When you swap the wheel sover take the drums off the rear, think it was Roger (gamedawn) that said when he took his off there was loads of mud etc in the drum from off roading. Might be causing the shoes etc to bind up a bit.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Working...
            X