Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo

my turbo packed in the other day something about the waste gate not sure of any other details. does any one know were to pick up a 2nd hand one at a good price.

Originally posted by benyetinyahoo
    my turbo packed in the other day something about the waste gate not sure of any other details. does any one know were to pick up a 2nd hand one at a good price.

It may be just the wastegate diaphram that needs replacing, as there isn't much to go wrong with the turbo. As long as it spins freely and no graunchy noises it's fine.
    The Turbo is a CT20, if you're searching for spares.
    TonyN may have one other than that, there's usually some on Ebay.

Also, check the rubber pipe (the red one in the diagram) is attatched and not come off or split before condeming the turbo diaphram.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 November 2006, 14:25.

Comment

I've used these guys they're pretty good

http://www.thorntonbreakers.co.uk/
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

or give nippon car spares a try they are in the yellow pages and based in london
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Bushwacker -
          sorry still gettin used these threads and that lol right when i took it to the garage they said between the turbo and dump valve is a waste gate and that has broken not sure how bad it is there is no harsh sounds coming from the turbo thats all i know i'm a bit mechanicly minded but only to a certain point i'm learning some thing new every day thanks alot ben

Comment

Bushwacker -
            sorry still gettin used these threads and that lol right when i took it to the garage they said between the turbo and dump valve is a waste gate and that has broken not sure how bad it is there is no harsh sounds coming from the turbo thats all i know i'm a bit mechanicly minded but only to a certain point i'm learning some thing new every day thanks alot ben

It's just the wastegate part you need then, as there is a spring and a diaphram in there. Either the diaphram is split or the acuator spring is really weak they control the boost pressure the turbo creates.
            You can get a second hand turbo for around 80 quid.

Comment

is it easyier to get the parts or to get a whole new turbo and is your shop the 4x4 toys and do you supply them second hand, were i live not many good breakers about and do i need any gaskets if i get a new turbo

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                It's just the wastegate part you need then, as there is a spring and a diaphram in there.
                Not in the wastegate itself. The wastegate actuator has these bits. Sometimes the wastegate housing or wastegate itself can crack. This is where the rod from actuator connects to.

Nev

Comment

this sounds expensive if the housing is broken does anyone know who are were i can get a turbo from i'm really missing that extra umph

Comment

Working...
                  X