Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen rear springs ?

Mornin all,
    I just picked up my new "toy" - 2nd gen V6 manual (not selling this one!)

It's suffering from surf bum so I need some new springs - going to go for some +2" ones.
    Can someone give me an idea of any pros and cons of all the different ones available - roughtrax, milners, supertrux, frogs island etc etc.
    I dont want to waste money but I also have found out you generally get what you pay for so a little info from anyone with experience of them would be great.
    Cheers
    Neil
    Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

i got the bushwacker lift on mine, +3 hdj80 landcruiser springs, only 44 quid from milners mate.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Milners don't last long before they sag again. Roughtrax have ben known to break. Supertrux seem to be the strongest, don't know about Frog island springs. You could forget all of the above and fit Landcruiser springs!

Comment

Now thats service - all the info I needed in less that an hour -
        Assuming I go for landcruiser springs - what make of springs are best and what extras do I need apart from shocks ?
        I guess I need to do something about the rear diagonal bar across the axle (cant remember the f***in name of it) as I lift its going to move the axle sideways innit ?
        Cheers
        Neil

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26342

all the info is here mate,

i cut and welded my panhard rod to make it longer, and binned the anti roll bars. but bushwhacker makes a cracking fitting kit to make it all easier, with anti roll bar extensions, and panhard rod drop bracket. all very reasonable mate.

i fitted mine with +4 procomp es3000 shocks and wound the front up on the torsions bars 1.5 inches and fitted +2 es3000's
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

oh yeah the springs are from milners, you want the ones for a hdj80 cruiser mate. 3inch lift, and no sag, even with fat mates in the back
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

i ordered my l/c springs on monday afternoon and they were delivered yesterday morning.i am now waiting for the rest of my stuff from roughtrax who i missed delivery from yesterday but is being delivered to work today.i also ordered the bushy special for the panhard and also i ordered from jotto the diff spacer kit.i am also having a 2" bodylift done and ordered the extended braided brake hoses from roughtrax also
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Milners website is down grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - typical just when I need it

How do I go about ordering the rest of the bits from Bushwacker ?

Now all I need is to find some Ranchos to suit the lift.

Cheers again all for the speedy replies.
                Neil

Comment

Originally posted by MYLUX

Neil
                  just send him a pm and he will get back to you.Just tell him what lift you are doing and he will sort the rest

give milners aring on 01629 734411 and ask for the 1995 hdj80's

Comment

Neil

do you know what rancho's you want as my fronts need doing and would like to accomodate longer shocks to do the same as you. i have rancho 9000's on at the mo with the remote in cab adjuster but it doesnt work yet as the shocks are siezed where the adjusters are.

thought about ordering from the US?

by the way - i think standard rancho shocks for 4runners are +1".
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I will check to make sure but I think we have Rancho 9000's on her indoors's Kzn130 with a 3" lift - they were on the car when I imported it.
                      I have not felt them "max out" with the lift - the only difference is hers is fitted with an adjustable panhard rod but I can't see that making any difference.
                      Do I need standard L/C shocks or are these plus 3" too.

Cheers again
                      Neil

Comment

I will check to make sure but I think we have Rancho 9000's on her indoors's Kzn130 with a 3" lift - they were on the car when I imported it.
                        I have not felt them "max out" with the lift - the only difference is hers is fitted with an adjustable panhard rod but I can't see that making any difference.

Cheers again
                        Neil
                        if you just order the hdj80 springs they will lift the back end 3" as they are standard l/c springs as far as i know and you will need to get +3" shocks for the back

Comment

Cheers again
                          Neil
                          Id appreciate the part numbers if they are visible then I can compare against a straight replacement. Rancho dont list a 3" lift shock but all you need is the lengths and top and bottom fixings to work it out.

ta'
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I have +3" LC springs and +2" ES3000s. Works just fine. No need for +3" shocks it seems, and +2" are easier to get hold of it seems.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                            X