No rad cap ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No rad cap ??

Sorry for my ignorance but my rad does not have a filler cap, is this usual? Ive looked at threads for flushing and they mention rad cap, all I have is the plastic filler tank in front of the battery. Does no rad cap make it harder to flush. Thanks

it's on top of the termostat housing

Comment

Does no rad cap make it harder to flush. Thanks
      Pull the Chain
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Surf Runner
        Sorry for my ignorance but my rad does not have a filler cap, is this usual? Ive looked at threads for flushing and they mention rad cap, all I have is the plastic filler tank in front of the battery. Does no rad cap make it harder to flush. Thanks

ooooohhhh! i asked this as well when i first got the surf....felt a right numpty when i saw where it was!

haven't recovered since, make an arse of myself on a daily basis on here now!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Doh

Ill have another look tomorrow. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
            ooooohhhh! i asked this as well when i first got the surf....felt a right numpty when i saw where it was!

haven't recovered since, make an arse of myself on a daily basis on here now!

I answered that post.

Comment

so you did!

did i ever thank you?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                so you did!

did i ever thank you?

That fact that you still ask me questions is thanks enough.

Comment

cool, but that's got to be the dumbest i've ever asked...so far anyway!

Comment

oops...no offence meant there clive, but when you see it you'll feel exactly as i did. &

Comment

Found cap but not chain

Looked this morning and saw it straight away doh. All the other motors i've had have had the cap on the rad maybe it should be called cooling system cap or coolant filler cap on thermostat housing and its small. Cant find chain to flush though!!!
                      Whats the plastic tank on the right ? Its makred engine coolant, do you fill from cap or here, sorry if this is another stupid newby question.

Comment

Looked this morning and saw it straight away doh. All the other motors i've had have had the cap on the rad maybe it should be called cooling system cap or coolant filler cap on thermostat housing and its small. Cant find chain to flush though!!!
                        Whats the plastic tank on the right ? Its makred engine coolant, do you fill from cap or here, sorry if this is another stupid newby question.
                        that is the expansion tank it should only be about a inch up the pipe that is on the cap of it.You fill the coolant at the thermo cap
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The rad cap is on the thermostsat housing, 'cos thats the highest point in the cooling system to allow air to escape.
                          The plastic bottle is the expansion tank for when the coolant gets hot and needs to err expand. It gets sucked back into the engine/cooling system when the engine cools.
                          It should only be one third full with a cold engine.

Comment

Dammit!!

Comment

Cheers

Thanks again for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X