lifts and breaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifts and breaking

will having a 2" suspennsion lift and 2" rear coil spacers effect the breaking on the truck.

my break peddle goes firm quite regularlly, i have to stamp on the brakes, then the peddle gives and goes back to normal.

i have also found that one of the rears locks up very easilly.

can you adjust the load sense valve thingy?

any help would be great

thanks scotty

Originally posted by scotty
    will having a 2" suspennsion lift and 2" rear coil spacers effect the breaking on the truck.

my break peddle goes firm quite regularlly, i have to stamp on the brakes, then the peddle gives and goes back to normal.

any help would be great

thanks scotty
    if thats a 4" lift on the back then you will need a bushy special panhard drop bracket kit
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

any help would be great

thanks scotty
      OK, I'm no mechanic, but I think you need to get your brakes checked out, they shouldn't do that.

As for the lift, you'll have to reposition the load sensor (it's on the left of the rear axle), and you may want to replace the brake hose that goes between the brake valve thingy on the chassis and the axle. A 3" lift (what I have) is already too much, so the bottom end has to be spaced away from the axle. 4" may be too much to do with a spacer so it might need a new pipe.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        if thats a 4" lift on the back then you will need a bushy special panhard drop bracket kit
        got a panhard drop bracket, only thing is it's still in the garage, cant get the old bolt out. the guy that does my motor sayes that he will have to burn it out but that will f**k the bush, and you cant buy a new bush without a new panhard rod..

slugsie, cheers

when i had my spacers fitted the guy extended the rear brake pipes to allow for articulation.
        are you saying that the lsv should be lowered, regardless of whither the brake pipes have been extended or not?

hope that makes sense

cheers scotty

Comment

got a panhard drop bracket, only thing is it's still in the garage, cant get the old bolt out. the guy that does my motor sayes that he will have to burn it out but that will f**k the bush, and you cant buy a new bush without a new panhard rod..

slugsie, cheers

when i had my spacers fitted the guy extended the rear brake pipes to allow for articulation.
          are you saying that the lsv should be lowered, regardless of whither the brake pipes have been extended or not?

hope that makes sense

cheers scotty
          When I did my panhard rod, getting the bolt out was the hardest bit. It turns out that it's threaded all the way along the bolt, so you have to unscrew it to get it out. The only awkward thing there is that the bolt head is only about 3mm high, so getting a grip on it is a bit tricky.

If the pipe that goes between the chassis and the axle has plenty of slack on it, and it's not taught when the back is jacked up off the ground (from the chassis) then you should be ok. The stock pipe is too short if the car is lifted more than an inch or two.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

cheers slugsie

will check break pipes when jacked up and have another go at the panhard rod.

thanks again mate

cheers scotty

Comment

It could be a vacuum reservoir or master cylinder seals problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                It could be a vacuum reservoir or master cylinder seals problem.
                yep i agree with bushwacker (as normal lol) either your servo is on the way out or your intermittently losing vacuum to the servo (split or perishing pipe maybe) or your seals/ rod in master cylinder are going. either way id get em checked soon rather than having a 2 ton runaway monster on the loose!! where abouts are you ill try to stay away from there for a while
                DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
                  yep i agree with bushwacker (as normal lol) either your servo is on the way out or your intermittently losing vacuum to the servo (split or perishing pipe maybe) or your seals/ rod in master cylinder are going. either way id get em checked soon rather than having a 2 ton runaway monster on the loose!! where abouts are you ill try to stay away from there for a while
                  may take a trip down bedford way on my week off so watch out

i'll get it checked

cheers scotty

Comment

was only joking mate lol hope ya sort it soon
                    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
                      I have a similar problems with the wife's motor, it exibits the same problems, did you ever find out what the problem was?
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

If you can't get the bolt out to fit the drop bracket, you can just cut/sleeve and reweld the panhard rod, or tap a thread in it and make it adjustable.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X