Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Rumble

Hi there, me again..

Having had my first Surf cruelly taken away after a little collision, and the insurance so far being very poor (Elephant) I have decided to start again.

I saw this on Autotrader the other day and had to have it.

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p969e07bdf021cec959fb17495a03c 257/ec8b480a.jpg

It looks fantastic and I love driving it.
    It has 3" suspension lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, Jaos bars, Safari snorkel, lots of lights and damn big tyres, plus more and it was a bargain..

The only niggle I have found so far (and this may be why it was a bargain) is that when I first pull away there is a slight rumble/vibration, which goes after 1st gear. Could it be:
    a) gearbox b) transmission c) rear diff d) something else or all three ???

Any ideas ?

Manual or auto?

Comment

It is a 3.0TD Auto.
      1994 SSRX

Presumeably, having 35x12.5x15 tyres on puts a little extra strain on everything ?
      Last edited by TwoBoard; 18 October 2006, 08:24.

Comment

For a rumble the first thing I would check is the rear wheel bearings. Jack the back wheels off the ground and see if there is any "in and out" movement - any movement of the hub / axle shaft indicates a problem.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Great looking truck though !! Hope it's something simple and cheap
          to fix ? or you could PM his details over to ME !!! Te He

poppy
          GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas or similar experience?

Comment

If the sound goes away once the truck is rolling, then it could be something simple such as a broken engine mount allowing the exhaust to touch the chassis when pulling away, or the exhaust has been replaced recently and has been fitted too close to the chassis.

Check the auto transmission fluid level and mountings too.

Comment

Working...
              X