No 4 wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 4 wheel drive

The saga continues, I have had the electrical side of my 4x4 system checked and all is ok. That just leaves the vacuum side and god forbid the t/box to check . Iwould appreciate any help on the following; Sticking solenoid on t/box, I can see it but how the hell do you find out if its stuck and if it is how do you free it! must admit i did LIGHTLY tap it just to let it know i was watching it. lastly does any one Know any good garages or mechanics in the East yorkshire area as i've had the beast into 3 garages including toyota main agents who all won't touch it cos of lack of data. Cheers
    Surf 2.4td 1992 ssr-x

A couple of links that may help you.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...l%20system.pdf

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

hey rich nice links there but im abit confused.at the mo my truck a 2.3dt ssr hilux surf will engage 4x4 on the switch but will not disegage.but it does come out of 4x4 after a while (a few spins and forwards and backwards)...im not sure what to do from here as im new to the truck experience.the weird thing is if i put it into 4x4 low range it fine goes in and out of 4x4 ok but the other high range it always get's stuck ...

Comment

Check the vacuum by disconnecting the vacuum pipes from the solenoids on the inside of the drivers side wing. Suck to create a vacuum while someone puts it in 4WD with the brake on. If it activates the 4WD light will come on. Sucking the other pipe will turn it off.
        I had the same problem after a garage failed to reconnect the vacuum pipe as it crosses from the right to left of the engine. Mine (2.4TDi) had a T piece connector and the pipe to the bottom leg of the T was disconnected - very difficult to see.

Keith

Comment

Working...
        X