Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifting between High and Low 4WD

Next question
    My surf has an auto box. I know that on the move I can change to 4WD by the press of a button.
    What should I have selected on the auto box to go from H4 to L4?
    Should you have it in drive before selecting the L4 or something different?

I was checking out the selection whilst stationery and had some amount of cog crunching going on when selecting L4. I believe I had the auto box set in neutral. Also whilst in L4, when I pushed the autobox into Park, I had an indicator come up on the dash with the characters AT/P. I presume this means Automatic Transmission Park. This does not normally occur in 2WD.
    Again, thanks in advance
    Mark..

Originally posted by papacroft
    Next question
    My surf has an auto box. I know that on the move I can change to 4WD by the press of a button.

I was checking out the selection whilst stationery and had some amount of cog crunching going on when selecting L4. I believe I had the auto box set in neutral. Also whilst in L4, when I pushed the autobox into Park, I had an indicator come up on the dash with the characters AT/P. I presume this means Automatic Transmission Park. This does not normally occur in 2WD.
    Again, thanks in advance
    Mark..

Hope this helps, I think the AT/P light is low transmision fluid warning but I could be wrong
    Attached Files
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I presume this means Automatic Transmission Park. This does not normally occur in 2WD.
      Again, thanks in advance
      Mark..
      The AT/P light should only be on when you have the autobox in Park AND the transfer case in N.

Comment

Next question
        Sometimes I get a bit of crunching if I try it in P, for some reason it seems fine if I'm in Neutral though.....but anyhow, I think you should be in either P or N whilst stopped to go into 4L.
        Last edited by Rob; 18 January 2004, 03:29.

Comment

no,that light comes on to warn you,that even though the vehicle is in park,it is only bieng held by the parking brake whilst the 4wd selector is in neutral.like you say,4wd can be selected on the move if the lever is in 2h,but only recomended under 50kph and in a straight line.to go into 4low,you must stop first.

Comment

To change from H4 to L4 stop the car and put the Auto box lever into N(uetral) position. Other combinations can give worrying crunching noises....

Comment

Working...
            X