Gearbox the same??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox the same??

I have a HIlux SR5 American import with VZN V6 petrol engine with manual gearbox.The gearbox or transfer box has developed a "rumbling" noise and was wondering if anyone out there knows if the V6 gearbox/transfer box is interchangeable with one from 2.4 diesel.
    I suspect not............has anyone rebuilt one of these? How involved is it?
    Many thanks in anticipation.

Originally posted by petercw
    I have a HIlux SR5 American import with VZN V6 petrol engine with manual gearbox.The gearbox or transfer box has developed a "rumbling" noise and was wondering if anyone out there knows if the V6 gearbox/transfer box is interchangeable with one from 2.4 diesel.
    I suspect not............has anyone rebuilt one of these? How involved is it?
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    You need to post the transmission code and it maybe the same if we know wot you got .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Transmission code is R150F if that helps

Comment

Mine says G52 , so not the same as a SR5 2.0/2.2 petrol .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

R150F is in all 5 speed 2nd gen Surfs, but you'll need the bellhousing of your old gearbox as the diesels have a different bolt pattern. Surf T/cases have a electronic 4wd shift instead of the H2-H4-N-L4 of the UK and US trucks, If your using a Surf T/case, you may need to wire up some sort of switch to get H4 as the Surfs have a ECU for all the 4wd gubbings and a soloniod on the t/case for H4, and the lever only does H2-N-L4, a switch on the lever selects H4.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X