noise on full lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise on full lock

Have just bought my first surf. 3.0ltr turbo diesel absolutly over the moon. Wanted one for years . Only problem was LOUD clanking noise on full lock . Thought it was going to be expensive to repair but........... after reading through the posts on this site greased the steering stops and he-presto no more noise. I would never have guessed a blob of grease would have cured THAT noise. Thanks to the guys who made those posts...Great site

Wahey! And I thought I was going to be the one that had to say "search under 'steering stops'".

Good search button usage and welcome to the fold.

Bl00dy loud noise eh?

Comment

ah sancho.. me too lol

welcome to surfdom mate, anything you need just ask and google whacker will tell ya
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by baldyman
        Have just bought my first surf. 3.0ltr turbo diesel absolutly over the moon. Wanted one for years . Only problem was LOUD clanking noise on full lock . Thought it was going to be expensive to repair but........... after reading through the posts on this site greased the steering stops and he-presto no more noise. I would never have guessed a blob of grease would have cured THAT noise. Thanks to the guys who made those posts...Great site
        You've just reminded me that I need to re-grease mine as they've started to grind again.

Oh, and welcome to Surfdom.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
        X