Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie user.

Hi all !

First post here for me so hope I am posting in the correct forum etc etc.

OK, story so far! Pretty certain that i've bagged myself a bit of a bargain here but hope that I am not speaking too soon!

I have just moved to new work premises and spotted a hilux surf (taxless and looking a bit sorry for herself) parked up. After a few enquiries I discovered that this 2.4 SSR-X on a K plate had been stood up for over a year. Different stories about the location of the owner (either overseas or at Her Majesty's Pleasure) however I managed to speak to his girlfriend and offered £800.00 which was eventually accepted.

2 new batteries, a can of fuel later she fired up beautifully. To cut a long story short, she only failed MOT on a leaky load compensator and a fog light! Result!

However, I have a problem that i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. From cold she drives beautifully but after about 10 miles the orange engine check light comes on and the engine becomes noisy and loses power, at which time the green turbo light fails to come on. My first thought was a faulty turbo but a friend says that this may not be the case? Any ideas?
Working...
X