No announcement yet.

Front Brake Disks Stuck On! Help!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Brake Disks Stuck On! Help!!!???

Have A Automatic Hilux Surf SSRX 2.4 turbo from 1993, not that it matters for this problem! Bought about 3 months ago and have just got new brake disks and pads to fit to front, ive removed wheel, brake calliper (disconnecting from steering arm at same time) and the little bolt and washer on the end of the axle- don't know what thats called, but even with a f@*k off long extension bar on a gear puller i just cant get the disks to budge even a millimeter. Am i being really really dumb and missing a bolt somewhere or are they just ceased on and going to be a nightmare to replace... has any1 else had this problem????

Surf currently up on axle stands so swift pointers would be mucho appreciado!!!!! cheeers.

I think the discs are held on by the hubs, so the whole assembly, with the driveshafts, needs to come out to change the discs..

A search could help out, here..
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by urbansporty4wd
      Have A Automatic Hilux Surf SSRX 2.4 turbo from 1993, not that it matters for this problem! Bought about 3 months ago and have just got new brake disks and pads to fit to front, ive removed wheel, brake calliper (disconnecting from steering arm at same time) and the little bolt and washer on the end of the axle- don't know what thats called, but even with a f@*k off long extension bar on a gear puller i just cant get the disks to budge even a millimeter. Am i being really really dumb and missing a bolt somewhere or are they just ceased on and going to be a nightmare to replace... has any1 else had this problem????

Surf currently up on axle stands so swift pointers would be mucho appreciado!!!!! cheeers.
      to remove the front discs you have to take off the endcap and remove the two 54mm nuts and remove the bearing then the discs will come off. the 2.4 s arnt like the 3ls they just pop off as far as i know!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

i just cant write any faster!!!!
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

having a laugh?

please tell me thats a joke.... i dont wanna know whole assembly plus driveshafts off just to change a disk!!! what have i started????!!!!!!

Comment

please tell me thats a joke.... i dont wanna know whole assembly plus driveshafts off just to change a disk!!! what have i started????!!!!!!
            i think when you take off the 54mm nuts and then take the bearings out you should be able to pull the disc off.i dont think the driveshats have to come off tho
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

two 54 mm nuts?

cant find these 2 54mm nuts. heding towards swallowin pride and gettin a mechanic by the looks of things!!!!

Comment

cant find these 2 54mm nuts. heding towards swallowin pride and gettin a mechanic by the looks of things!!!!
                on the front wheel hub take of the 6 small bolts and remove the the hub cap and you will see the 54mm nuts under there.On mine the small centre hub was tight as hell to get off
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Have a look here...
                  http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ringsfront.htm

It's the write-up on changing the front wheel bearings, but it's the same procedure for changing the brake discs.

have fun!

Comment

The discs are bolted to the hubs. These bolts (6) can't be removed unless the whole hub/disc assembley is removed. Go to the link above which will help. If you've never done this before I suggest you get someone who has, to guide you. You then need to know how to put it back together correctly.

Nev
                    Last edited by NiftyNev; 4 August 2006, 01:49. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Where are you in Sussex.

Comment

Working...
                      X