Rust Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Removal

What is the best and easiest product to remove rust from the running boards?
    Im confused as to what products to use
    Many thanks
    Eliot

Re

I thought the running boards were made of Aluminium?

Gary

Comment

Emery cloth, or remove the side steps from the truck, seperate the steps from the bracketry (cross head screws) and wire brush attatchment in an electric drill followed by a spray of hammerite paint.

Comment

Re

Where are the running boards then?

Is this not a "yank" term for side steps?

Gary

Comment

Running boards are wooden aren't they?
          Like Al Capone used to stand on!

Comment

my mates got a armstrong siddely... or siddely armstrong?... can't remember which!!

that's got proper running boards and he's made a replica tommy gun for show!!... it's great!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

side-steps

Beware! I took my side-steps off to re-paint them. I snapped a chassis- mount bolt and had to grind all the fasteners that attach the step to the frame. It took me 4 months before they went back on! Alot of sanding, 1 coat of Kurust, 4 coats of Hammerite for the frames, 1 coat of special primer and 4 coats of Aluminium paint later! Well, they look superb, and I know they will last now. If you are not into that work then I`m sure you can pick up a decent pair from a breaker or ebay for about £100.
              Cheers,
              Chris