Aerial ....... flagpole ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial ....... flagpole ?

Here we go ... first post, i've been checking the forum out for a while and am impressed with the help people get from members.

I've had my surf for about a month now

In front of the passenger side headlamp i have what looks like a small aerial or flagpole, it has a Toyota stamp on it so i guess it is original equipment ?
    I've done a search and not found it mentioned and i've looked at all the members surfs and couldn't see the same thing on theirs. Has anyone got any ideas ?

Originally posted by brennan
    Here we go ... first post, i've been checking the forum out for a while and am impressed with the help people get from members.

I've had my surf for about a month now

In front of the passenger side headlamp i have what looks like a small aerial or flagpole, it has a Toyota stamp on it so i guess it is original equipment ?
    I've done a search and not found it mentioned and i've looked at all the members surfs and couldn't see the same thing on theirs. Has anyone got any ideas ?
    Has it got any cable going to it, may have been an additional aerial however I think it is probably one of those manual parking sensor things - not kidding, I have seen them before, basically allow you to see where the corner of the body is to aid parking.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Has it got any cable going to it, may have been an additional aerial however I think it is probably one of those manual parking sensor things - not kidding, I have seen them before, basically allow you to see where the corner of the body is to aid parking.

Cheers
      That part is an antenna originally off a toyota commercial,
      do not touch it or play with it,
      my mate did and picked up Van Aerial disease

Keith
      I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

As lucky says it's a marker so you can see the far corner of the vehicle for parking ect.

Had one on mine but it had to be removed for the SVA, so you may have to have it taken off for your next M.O.T.
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop

Keith
          Hehehehe!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Keith

And theres me worrying about the head !

Thanks everyone, i had a feeling it might be something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop

Keith

hahahahaha, n1 keith,

keith, like neil, e before i,
              neil

Comment

Working...
              X