Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light-where can I get one?

Can anyone help please?

My 3rd gen surf had a bolt-on type fog light under the rear bumper but it got knocked off. I didn't really like it anyway. My brother who also has a 3rd gen surf has a flush mounted fog light in his surf's rear bumper which looks great-it was there when he bought the car. So does anyone know where I can get one from-apart from pinching his!

much appreciated,

cheryl
    xx

Originally posted by beach surfer
    Can anyone help please?

My 3rd gen surf had a bolt-on type fog light under the rear bumper but it got knocked off. I didn't really like it anyway. My brother who also has a 3rd gen surf has a flush mounted fog light in his surf's rear bumper which looks great-it was there when he bought the car. So does anyone know where I can get one from-apart from pinching his!

much appreciated,

cheryl
    xx
    Andy ( Lucky) has two mounted in his rear bumper, if I remember correctly they were off a Honda Integra and fit a treat to the Surf. The Honda bumper is slightly curved like the surf, see Andy's home page for the pics.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Andy ( Lucky) has two mounted in his rear bumper, if I remember correctly they were off a Honda Integra and fit a treat to the Surf. The Honda bumper is slightly curved like the surf, see Andy's home page for the pics.
      Yep off a 1990 Honda integra, lights and mountings bought from the scrapper for a tenner. You can get them off most Hondas and some Toyotas and Hyundais etc. Basically a lot of Japanses cars are built without them for the home market and they just use these flush mounted lamps and cut the bumper.

All you gotta do is be brave and attack the rear bumper with an angle grinder to cut out the holes and the whole unt mounts straight in. I cut my holes for them slightly small so I don't even need a bracket to hold them in as they fit so tight.

Here is a picture

Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Yep off a 1990 Honda integra, lights and mountings bought from the scrapper for a tenner. You can get them off most Hondas and some Toyotas and Hyundais etc. Basically a lot of Japanses cars are built without them for the home market and they just use these flush mounted lamps and cut the bumper.

All you gotta do is be brave and attack the rear bumper with an angle grinder to cut out the holes and the whole unt mounts straight in. I cut my holes for them slightly small so I don't even need a bracket to hold them in as they fit so tight.

Here is a picture

Cheers
        nice job that lucky.
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
          nice job that lucky.

Mine was donated by a Rav4
          Attached Files
          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
            Mine was donated by a Rav4
            Looks good that, in fact I like it more than mine - might see if I can go and attack a Rav for one (or rather 2 ravs for 2).

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll now source the parts!

Nice pic too,lucky.

Cheryl
              xx

Comment

Working...
              X