fitting new rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting new rear shocks

My Surf failed the MOT on a leaking rear shock - I've ordered a new pair of non-adjustables from Milners (not paying for hard/soft that I never use) - how easy are they to fit?

I can see the lower mounting bolt but I can't see how to get to the top mount.

Originally posted by JimSuperSix
    My Surf failed the MOT on a leaking rear shock - I've ordered a new pair of non-adjustables from Milners (not paying for hard/soft that I never use) - how easy are they to fit?

I can see the lower mounting bolt but I can't see how to get to the top mount.
    as your sat under the vehicle follow the shock to the top and then the bolts are on top of the chasis you need to be able to flex a bit in order the undo the bolts by feel. the passenger side is easier than the drivers side. You need to undo 2 bolts which hold the cover for the adjuster on the shocks and then i think its something like 17mm socket to undo the main nut which holds the shock in place.Hope you understand this cause im confused just typing it
    Last edited by stormforce; 15 July 2006, 18:16.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Richard, I'll have a feel around under the chassis. Why is the driver's side harder to change?

Comment

There's extra chassis parts on the drivers side that the panhard rod connects to.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSuperSix
          Thanks Richard, I'll have a feel around under the chassis. Why is the driver's side harder to change?
          there is more stuff under the drivers side.once you get under you will be able to see what i mean.Its not harder as such but with the other stuff in the way it makes it more awkward if you get what i mean
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks people,

hopefully my Surf will be MOTed and pass OK in a couple of weeks.

Just that squeaking rubber thing in the front pulley to worry about now....

Comment

Working...
            X