Tyre sizes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre sizes ?

I have just got a Black Surf 3 litre D with 15 x 7jj Toyota Alloy wheels and a well worn set of Goodridge 31 x 10.5 x 15 AT Tyres. I have been offered a set of Five, 235 x 75 x 15 Goodridge AT Tyres all brand new and at a very good price.(£50 each) As the main use for the vehicle will be driving to work and for towing a race car at weekends (some times across muddy fields and slopes) would these tyres be a good buy? Or are they to narrow? I have measured them and they have less than one inch in width and about 1 inch less in height. Tread patten etc is the same. I have noticed that Land Rovers use narrow tyres and its a fact that a narrower tyre is better for economy.
    Would I lose out in any performance on or off road using these tyres? I need to know very soon.
    Regards
    Phil O.

Hi mate,
    Where in South Wales are you ?
    We are getting a few more on here. :-)
    Conker
    [center] [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Bracpan
      I have just got a Black Surf 3 litre D with 15 x 7jj Toyota Alloy wheels and a well worn set of Goodridge 31 x 10.5 x 15 AT Tyres. I have been offered a set of Five, 235 x 75 x 15 Goodridge AT Tyres all brand new and at a very good price.(£50 each) As the main use for the vehicle will be driving to work and for towing a race car at weekends (some times across muddy fields and slopes) would these tyres be a good buy? Or are they to narrow? I have measured them and they have less than one inch in width and about 1 inch less in height. Tread patten etc is the same. I have noticed that Land Rovers use narrow tyres and its a fact that a narrower tyre is better for economy.
      Would I lose out in any performance on or off road using these tyres? I need to know very soon.
      Regards
      Phil O.
      Ermmmmm 235 x 75 x 15 in short no. The imperial/metric size for yours is 265 x 75 x 15, the 235 will look like low profiles and completely naff under the big arches, (my opinion). But if you don't mind the narrower and shorter height then its up to you.
      BFG AT's are a very good compomise between road and off road being a 50/50 tyre. Will suit the muddy fields and give good road performance, not forgetting its a rear wheel drive vehicle and these tyres are 50/50 and not road biased, so caution still needs to be applied.
      Had them on mine for a year, no complaints.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X