should they sag so easily??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should they sag so easily??

The one thing that upsets me the most about my baby is that as soon as you put anything in the back, it sags. I've stuck es9000's on and it's improved slightly, my question is: Is it a genetic thing or perhaps maybe my springs are sh***ed?????
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Originally posted by mickeyboy
    The one thing that upsets me the most about my baby is that as soon as you put anything in the back, it sags. I've stuck es9000's on and it's improved slightly, my question is: Is it a genetic thing or perhaps maybe my springs are sh***ed?????

your springs are knackered, if your carrying heavy loads on a regular basis it might be an idea to upgrade the springs as well.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Saggy arse syndrome is down to the springs The shocks are there to stop the springs bouncing.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I found even after installing uprated +2" springs I still had a bit of sag (although the springs were second hand which must have been "tired" already). It wasn't until I installed some 2" spring spacers that I was happy:
        http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/spacers.htm

Now it sits how it should and even with my motorbike and rack on the back the sag is more acceptable and I don't tend to blind oncoming traffic with my lights!

Danno here is/was supplying spring spacers, although his site is down due to bandwidth usage issues - doh!
        www.offroadtoys.org.uk
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

You get a little uplift from ES9000's as they have a little self extending power in the nitrogen gas, but proper support for the truck will only come from the springs.

Its always the springs that sag on older Surfs.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers guys, I suppose I've gotta decide now whether to:
            a) replace the springs like for like
            b) replace the springs with something a bit stronger
            c) replace the springs with lift

All opinions will be gratefully read and fully considered!
            And what would YOU do?????

Comment

cheers guys, I suppose I've gotta decide now whether to:
              a) replace the springs like for like
              b) replace the springs with something a bit stronger
              c) replace the springs with lift

All opinions will be gratefully read and fully considered!
              And what would YOU do?????
              The cheapest option would be to go for Milners 20% stronger springs, No lift but have heard good things about them.
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                The cheapest option would be to go for Milners 20% stronger springs, No lift but have heard good things about them.
                Thats what I did and results are excellent. I sometimes carry a lot of weight in the back, and it sits well . the only downside to stiffer springs is that when it isn't loaded I can drive over a tenpence peice and call it heads or tails.

Comment

I'd recommend +2" HD coils (I would as I fit and sell them!!! ), they arn't that harsh, can carry weight and look really nice.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi,
                    If fitting +2" HD coils to rear does this affect the front torsion bars, and if so how are they adjusted, and wouldthe +2" require any alteration to the brake hoses or any other under body bits and pieces?
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

This might be an odd question, but has anyone else had this trouble:

When my mrs or kids are in the back (seat not boot!!!!!) they complain of travel sickness! This is a fairly recent thing so I'm wondering if maybe it could be something to do with the springs not being at their best??? No comments on my driving please!!!!! The problem being that if I can't solve this then I'll have to get rid of my baby

Comment

This might be an odd question, but has anyone else had this trouble:

When my mrs or kids are in the back (seat not boot!!!!!) they complain of travel sickness! This is a fairly recent thing so I'm wondering if maybe it could be something to do with the springs not being at their best??? No comments on my driving please!!!!! The problem being that if I can't solve this then I'll have to get rid of my baby

Exact same here. Eldest lad feels travel sick after 5 mins in Surf. In the Venture,
                        not a problem.

Comment

Rob

Comment

?

Originally posted by plumb bob
                            Hi,
                            If fitting +2" HD coils to rear does this affect the front torsion bars, and if so how are they adjusted, and wouldthe +2" require any alteration to the brake hoses or any other under body bits and pieces?
                            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob

Take a look here bob it will explain what to do with the torsion bars
                              http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X