Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto to manual hubs

Howdy

I have a 2.4 manual K plate surf and anyone know where to get the manual hubs from, like on the English hilux pick up and how much they cost, which ones i have to buy and approx cost. and is there any noticable mpg gains because of less drag from the front end.

kind regards

Chris

i got warn ones via ebay in US
    cost be around 110-120 quid in end

i keep record of MPG and noticed no obvious benefit of manual hubs
    I fitted them to avoid wear on CV's etc, as i have lifted front by torsion bar cranking.
    I noticed greater mpg benefit when i temporarily removed bullbar and front spots - that saved me 1-2 mpg
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

manual hubs

There is plenty of info. on this forum- just search for "free-wheeling hubs" or "manual hubs".
      The best manual hubs available in Uk are Aisen, followed by Warn and then maybe AVM. New Aisen will cost a fortune so look in breakers yards for hubs of an IFS pick-up. AVM are widely available for just over £100.00 a pair.
      If you are doing auto hub to manual conversion you need a conversion kit. If you have standard surf ADD system "fixed hubs" then it is a straight swap. I dont suspect you have auto hubs as they were discontinued as standard fitment in about 1988!
      cheers,
      chris
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

I should be getting some Warn Premium Hubs soon, these are next to Aisin's for strenght, at hopefull just a little more than AVM price. But supply will be limited (to how many can fit in a suitcase...)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

>>But supply will be limited (to how many can fit in a suitcase...)
          hhaaa!

wish I had thought of that when ordered Warn ones. We always have people travelling between our Houston and aberdeen bases. i should have got someone in US to order them, then got them suitcased over ! would have saved a fair bit on duty etc
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            I should be getting some Warn Premium Hubs soon, these are next to Aisin's for strenght, at hopefull just a little more than AVM price. But supply will be limited (to how many can fit in a suitcase...)

Do the ones off an English Toyota pick up fit though.

Chris.

Comment

only a certain model of pickup - the IFS one i guess - they have to have the same no. of splines

Tony will know or do a search on here
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Tony,

Any further news on Warn manual hubs. I'm looking for a pair for my 1995 KZN130, with ADD. Best price I can find so far for the Premium Hubs (Arbil) is £125.50+vat and postage of £6.50+vat, which makes a fraction over £155.

Regards
                Brian
                Last edited by Panrixx; 27 July 2006, 16:40.
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X