bought meself a surf and need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought meself a surf and need some help

i bought myself a surf bout 10 month ago only as a work horse but have now found it getting used every day and have went back to a transit for work I need to get the surf sorted out kos ive been bitten by the surffin bug some help would be greatfully apprecaited working on it wont be a problem but where to get the parts might be looking for
    1 a turbo due the the noise from it
    2 rear bumper end caps chrome due to rust or should i get them rechromed
    3 rear window module packed in with a puff of smoke 3 weeks after i got the beast tossed it in bin and replaced it with 4 bog standard relays worked great till last week when the window motor packed in so yes
    4 rear window motor
    5 aircon unit cause it was never there in the first place
    6 steering wheel cause the wife cleaned it after me mucky paws had been all over it and now its fell to bits
    thats bout it for now
    o should have said its a 2.4 ssr-g auto
    just one more thing the ECT light dont seem to come on and i aint really noticed a diffrence with it on or of should there be a big diffrence?
    apprecaite any info

hi mate give streetluge chris a shout or hilux mate as they have a breaker available
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

For what you can't get from Chris or Bob milners seem to be the Surf parts provider of choice.

The ECT button should hold the gears a bit longer to give better performance. makes each gear rev higher before changing.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/
      Last edited by Greebo; 1 January 2004, 21:43.
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

depends on the noise, a big whirr is good

get new ones the rust is eating thru from the inside, take them off and have a look, they're rotten all over, your rear bumper will be the same in the end and so will your front setup so treat them before its too late

3 rear window module packed in with a puff of smoke 3 weeks after i got the beast tossed it in bin and replaced it with 4 bog standard relays worked great till last week when the window motor packed in so yes
        would love to hear more bout your relay fix, I've heard about it been done

4 rear window motor
        a front kerbside door off an old corolla is the same I believe, scrapyard

Delboy took his off coz he didnt want it....Nth Atlantic nextdoor and all that

6 steering wheel cause the wife cleaned it after me mucky paws had been all over it and now its fell to bits
        women swop her at the scrapyard for the window motor

just one more thing the ECT light dont seem to come on and i aint really noticed a diffrence with it on or of should there be a big diffrence?
        havent a clue, dont have one

Comment

Originally posted by busa
          i bought myself a surf bout 10 month ago only as a work horse but have now found it getting used every day and have went back to a transit for work I need to get the surf sorted out kos ive been bitten by the surffin bug some help would be greatfully apprecaited working on it wont be a problem but where to get the parts might be looking for
          4 rear window motor
          thats bout it for now
          o should have said its a 2.4 ssr-g auto
          apprecaite any info

Rear window motor is the same as the passenger door in a Toyota Corolla so visit a scrappy or order that from a dealer if Bob and Chris can't help.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

cheers guys
            going to be starting to work on it within the next few weeks the turbo is nacked its more of a screach sure its the bearings might strip it and have a look my self and as for the rear window relays i'll draw it out and post it once i sus out how to work this dame founded machine
            give me a big deisel lump any day

Comment

Hiya Busa!

I have this vision of a car resembling a De Lorean with a smoking Flux Capacitor parked on your driveway.

Best of luck, and I assume that the Turbo should just whistle. Mine does, quite loudly, sounds like a bl**dy great truck round town, but then I have a fibreglass bonnet with no insulation and an air scoop, so I guess that it lets more noise out.

Have fun

Rob G

Comment

Working...
              X