MOT fail - quick rear end question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT fail - quick rear end question

just had mot fail on leaking back shox - gonna replace with procomps like i had on me landy lightweight. Rang explorer today asking for es3000's - mines a 1990 2.4td (ln130) - according to their list they only have shox for 93 onwards (unless its a lift kit version?)

anyway - my questions are these:

isthe rear end arrangement the same on a 93 as a 90?

do i get es3000, 6000 or 9000

appreciate a fast reply so i can get sat delivery

mucho gracias

chris

Unless you do a lot of serious off-roading, get ES3000 shocks.
    Yours is a 2nd gen so the '93 shocks will fit o.k.

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...rs_ES3000.html
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 May 2006, 14:15.

Comment

cheers dude - im on my way down - cheaper to drive than pay sat delivery (in me little sprotrak not the smurf!!!)

atb

chris

Comment

chris, thanks for the pics of the roof tray, it fits lovely! now to cover it in lights...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          chris, thanks for the pics of the roof tray, it fits lovely! now to cover it in lights...
          nice one charlie!!

atb

chris

Comment

boxlocks!

Been down to explorer uk in lymm,cheshire this afternoon and picked up a couple of the es3000's

think hes given me the wrong ones - they have 'eyelets' at both ends (there is a bag of stuff as well)

a quick nosey under the rear of the surf when i get home makes me think theyre not gonna fit - the oem ones with the motor on seem to be 'thread on top' type (scuse my lack of terminology!!)

well - is it a trip back down lymm on monday then?

to top it off as well the 'small split ' i thought the exhaust has is a great big 15" gash right down the pipe between the 2 boxes - which, incidentally still look like new - arse!! - another £150 then?

all advice greatfully received

atb

chris

Comment

The last 2" lift I got of Pro-comp had the wrong rear shocks, they are pickup ones, they are new guys there, and need 'educmacating' about what they sell!

Standard rears for Surfs are 921513 or 321513 depending on what series shock it is.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                The last 2" lift I got of Pro-comp had the wrong rear shocks, they are pickup ones, they are new guys there, and need 'educmacating' about what they sell!

Standard rears for Surfs are 921513 or 321513 depending on what series shock it is.
                spot on that mate - was gonna ask if anyone had the right part no!! - back to lymm then methinks - shame they dont do saturdays.

on the bright side - that means shooting not spannering on sunday!!!
                have to be in the mid week now for the retest.

cheers all
                chris

Comment

I had the same problem as the rubber bushes were the wrong size 3 trips in all.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    I had the same problem as the rubber bushes were the wrong size 3 trips in all.
                    how hard can it be? - i mean it seems most peeps replace the oem units with procomps - cant really beat em for performance and price - just think their list has hilux and 4-runner - must have got confused as i called it a 'hilux surf' (ln130) etc

at least the journey isnt that far - hoping for a 10% discount on my next order for the inconvenience (shocks and springs for the sportrak)

atb

chris

Comment

Theyve had a bit of trouble STATESIDE thats what i was told anyway
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                      X