front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front suspension

the front end of my toy looks strangly low. is it adjustable and if so how. thanks
    Paul

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/torsion/

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

jack the front off the ground and then wind up the torsion bars till it sits level.they can be found either side of the surf and the adjustment bolt is roughly half way back
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thank you very much. i will have ago first thing tomorrow
        Paul

Comment

Give the adjuster bolts a good soaking with WD40 a couple of hours before you start.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Give the adjuster bolts a good soaking with WD40 a couple of hours before you start.
            Maybe spray on some proper grease while you're doing the job as WD40 will seize them up again when it's evapourated!

Comment

As a note, officially, if the top nut spins when you turn the bolt, its knackered and bolt and nut need replacing.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

job done

thank you all for your help. she is now sitting about 1.25 inches higher and looking all the better for it. it did take a while to find the bolts as i thought they would be further forward and just adjust the front suspension but when i did find them a quick squirt of wd 40 and they turned easily.
                Paul

Comment

is this only for 2nd Gne surfs, or will it work on my 3rd gen 3.0lt? I have coils on the front, so can't think why there'd be a torsion bar too?

Comment

Torsion bars are springs. The 2nd gens have them instead of coils or leaf springs.
                    With the 3rd gen you could either fit longer coils or fit coil spacers to raise it.

Comment

Working...
                    X