Clicking 4WD lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking 4WD lever

I put my '92 2.4 Surf into 4WD the other day and just moved it through the settings, now it sound like it catching on something particularly when accelrating from standstill. As anyone any idea why.

Cheers
    SR

you havent forgotten to knock it back out of 4wd??

Comment

Originally posted by s.ryles
      I put my '92 2.4 Surf into 4WD the other day and just moved it through the settings, now it sound like it catching on something particularly when accelrating from standstill. As anyone any idea why.

Cheers
      SR

4Wd on the tarmac, hope not to many corners and not for long. Big no no to do that only select it on slippery stuff.
      As Jim says is it now off, take out on a wet field or muddy area and select it again and run it for a while. Sometimes when deselecting 4WD it sticks on, a few yards in reverse normally sorts this out.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

I'm sure its out of four wheel drive but I'll give the driving across the field thing a try. What godsend this site is.
        Thanks
        SR

Comment

Originally posted by s.ryles
          I'm sure its out of four wheel drive but I'll give the driving across the field thing a try. What godsend this site is.
          Thanks
          SR

Its always worth selecting it occasionally just to keep everything ticking over. Give the field or whatever a run and get the wheels/4WD moving, might just need a good run in 4WD.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Working...
          X