Strapping in motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strapping in motorbikes

Has anyone got experience of loading a motorbike into a Hilux pickup? The bad is 2.1m long, the bike is 2.5m long, so I can either put it in striaght with the tail board down, or at an angle with it shut ( not great but may be able to get front wheel straight again). I think I want to strap the bars down/forwards towards the front corners, but as there aren't any tie-down points (unless there's something under the plywood) would the little hooks that run around the edge be strong enough? Or do I really need to strip the plywood out and bolt in eyelets on the floor? Any other red hot tips?

Get some TIE-DOWN straps the hooks will be sufficient to hold your bike.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

yep ratchet straps are just the business for bikes. one each side on the top of the forks/ handlebars, pull it down hard on the springs. on twin rear shock bikes, do the same on the top mounts, on single shockers one strap over the frame under the seat will do. i used to leave the tail gate half down on my p100. and what ever you do, dont try and ride the bike in. i did that once with a kh250, and it worked but when i looked round the ramp was gone(!) and once with a gpz750 and ended up wearing it...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Thanks guys, thought I was going to have to strip the lining out to fit tie-down eyes. Got some ratchet straps. Ta!

Comment

Managed it without dropping the bike or it falling out:
          http://www.johnnyrod.co.uk/biketruk.jpg

must have made a cock up with the measurements, it went straight in with space to spare and the tailboard up.

Thanks a lot guys

Comment

Working...
          X