tow bar (again!) exhaust plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tow bar (again!) exhaust plate?

firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place, but it seems as good a place as any!

finally got my tow bar, and it is being fitted as i type. one thing there is some confusion over however - the exhaust brackety plate thing (that is a technical term in my head!) which is listed on the inventory, but missing from the diagram in the instructions.

I dont suppose any of you could advise me it should go please? (no barracking from the cheap seats )

<standby for more technical stuff coming up> all it looks like is a flat square plate with four holes - have tried several permutations, none of which seem right.

ta muchly in advance

thandi/debs

i had one of those left over too... it hasn't fallen of yet...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

thanks chillit, you always make me feel better

D.

Comment

You bolt the four hole plate to the original point that the rear exhaust bracket fixes to and then the exhaust bracket to the plate, what it does is space your exhaust bracket slightly to the right. But i have fitted loads of Surf towbars and they are not always needed, if the side arm on your towbar fits up without the exhaust bracket getting in your way then you dont need it so dont worry about it.
        Towbar fitter talking from experience.
        Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
          You bolt the four hole plate to the original point that the rear exhaust bracket fixes to and then the exhaust bracket to the plate, what it does is space your exhaust bracket slightly to the right. But i have fitted loads of Surf towbars and they are not always needed, if the side arm on your towbar fits up without the exhaust bracket getting in your way then you dont need it so dont worry about it.
          Towbar fitter talking from experience.
          chucked mine in mi shed not seen it since.....
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
          X