Fuel leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel leaking

My Hilux 2.4 Diesel has a fuel leak from the top of the injector pump. It does not leak when the engine has warmed up. What can this be?
    Thank you.

Originally posted by egorkan
    My Hilux 2.4 Diesel has a fuel leak from the top of the injector pump. It does not leak when the engine has warmed up. What can this be?
    Thank you.
    can you post a pic where its leaking from
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

i dont have an exact pic but i can post a pic that i found it on the net. I think it does leak from the joint between the top cover and the main pump body.
      Today i drove my surf totally 200 Km of road. But i didnt saw any fuel leaking when i stop. only i have saw early in the morning when i first start the engine.
      Attached Files

Comment

i dont have an exact pic but i can post a pic that i found it on the net. I think it does leak from the joint between the top cover and the main pump body.
        Today i drove my surf totally 200 Km of road. But i didnt saw any fuel leaking when i stop. only i have saw early in the morning when i first start the engine.

Have you tried tightening the bolts up on it. Could be something as simple as that, or may be take it apart and clean the faces and replace the gasket.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Thank you.
          Sounds more like an expansion issue - when your engine is cold the gasket is probably shrinking very very slightly thus allowing fuel to seep out - Koi's suggestion is a good one - dismantle it all and refit a new gasket and see if that stops the leak
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            Have you tried tightening the bolts up on it. Could be something as simple as that, or may be take it apart and clean the faces and replace the gasket.
            I didnt try anything because i am the new owner of surf. I dont know how to replace gasket. Which instructions do i need to follow? When i tell this problem to my friends they told me not to do anything because this pumps are electrical and i may cause a bigger problems. could you please tell me Which instructions do i need to follow to replace gasket?

Comment

fuel leaking

Hi just had the same problem with my 2.4 surf and had to have the fuel pump reconned (£124.00) it was the cold start lever seal which had gone hard and the top gasket of the pump ,absolutely bucketed it out when it was cold but not a drop when it was warm , hope this helps

Comment

hi all again.
                As i mention before, here, in the place that i live in nothern Cyprus, there isnt toyota authorized service. And other services dont understand these japanese vehicle well. At last i went to mechanic in the southern cyprus and he found out that there is a small hole in one of the fuel pipe that going in the fuel pump. that was my problem. he fix it and now there isnt any fuel lekaing. But i dont know why it was leaking only when the engine is hot.
                Thank you all.

Comment

nice to here things turned out ok for you.happy driving...

Comment

leaking fuel pump

maybe your fuel pump came from an old U.S. SR71 Blackbird spy plane
                    they also p**s fuel all over the place until they warm up

Comment

Working...
                    X