Brake Wear Indicators Saying Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Wear Indicators Saying Hello

OUT AND ABOUT ON MY HOLIDAY AND HEARD THE WEAR INDICATORS RUBBING ON THE DISCS WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN AND KNOW THE BRAKES NEED DOING. I INTEND ON DOING A FULL BRAKE SERVICE BUT NEVER ATTEMPTED A JOB LIKE THESE ON A VEHICLE THIS SIZE, IS IT EASY????
    IS IT WORTH REPLACING THE PADS ON THE FRONT AND SHOES AT THE REAR ALL AT ONCE??? AND WAIT FOR IT , DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY POINTERS
    FOR A JOB DONE WELL, CHEERS. OH YES ITS A 1995 3.0 SSRX IMPORTED NOV 05 BOUGHT ON XMAS EVE 05...
    Last edited by taylor; 21 April 2006, 13:23.

It is just the same as doing the pads and shoes on a car. The usual rules apply.
    Take note (or photos like wot I do) of how everything came apart. Release the self adjusters on the rear brakes before removing the drums. There are threaded holes (if I remember right) that you can screw bolts into so the drums come off nice and square.

Good luck.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Rythmic Brakes

:-d Thanks Very Much, Good Idea With The Photos Ill Do That, Going To Order Parts From Roughtrax, Used Them Before For Bits, I Think The Genuine Pads For £28 Are As Cheap As I Can Find,
      I Was Wondering What The Pedal On The Left Did, I Was Waiting For The Wife To Fly Through The Roof With Her Seat Every Time I Pressed It, As I Know The What The Red Button Does.

Comment

the pads are a piece of pee pee to do... the shoes are a little tricky to put back together if you forget, so like phil says, take a pic to remember how it went. (it's the handbrake i always have trouble with!)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Remember to wait until the weather gets bad.....
          Snow came out of nowhere 10 mins after I started.

Comment

Rythmic Brakes

Thanks For All Info Chaps , Will Do The Job In A Couple Of Weeks,

Comment

Originally posted by taylor
              Thanks For All Info Chaps , Will Do The Job In A Couple Of Weeks,
              it should'nt take that long lol
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Check pad wear when removed. Any uneven wear on pads will indicate caliper problems such as sticky pistons. Check the dust seals for damage and replace these and piston seals if in doubt.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                X