can somebody advise me on an aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody advise me on an aerial

i have gone through two aerials masts since i had the surf due to driving through lanes where hedges have not been cut back far and the first time i replaced it it cost me £30 from toyota i dont fancy paying that again as i tryed to not get caught out with it but i hit another branch and it went again due to it being on the left instead of the right and i know im likley to do it again just one of those things .question is while im going round the s$$$$pies today is there an aerial off somthing else that would fit? also im looking for a passenger side window wind deflector would one of another make vehicle fit? cheers
    Last edited by missy; 21 April 2006, 08:25. Reason: spelling mistake

Originally posted by missy
    i have gone through two aerials masts since i had the surf due to driving through lanes where hedges have not been cut back far and the first time i replaced it it cost me £30 from toyota i dont fancy paying that again as i tryed to not get caught out with it but i hit another branch and it went again due to it being on the left instead of the right and i know im likley to do it again just one of those things .question is while im going round the s$$$$pies today is there an aerial off somthing else that would fit? also im looking for a passenger side window wind deflector would one of another make vehicle fit? cheers

Roughtrax do them I think they are about 25 quid.

You could use the old coat hanger method!

Al
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Or fit one to the roof like this, £7.99 motorworld.....if it hits a low branch, it just lays flat.

Comment

You could remove the original and replace it with one of the rubber coated ones about 18" long.

The other alternative is to fit a new mast and remember to put it down.

I am using the posh version of the coat hanger method. I found a 3ft length of stainless steel rod, which I pull out before I reverse into the garage.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

My BMW had one built into the rear window which was rubbish, so I fitted one that stuck onto the insde rear side window, which is great. about £12.99
          Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Or fit one to the roof like this, £7.99 motorworld.....if it hits a low branch, it just lays flat.

Ohh! Nice colour truk vince
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Thanks. I try not to make too much of a fuss about it!

Comment

i fitted a switch in the electric aerial supply so i can put it up and down whenever... handy for carparks etc.

although you could just turn the radio off.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

great some excellant ideas thanks all tried to see some surfs in the s$$$$ yards today but none in sight!but surley thats a good thing as at least it shows surfs last just not handy for when i want parts lol guess i will just have to buy new .

Comment

Working...
                  X