2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions

Now then, everything that can go wrong with my Surf has gone wrong in the 3 years i've owned it so i feel i know my way round it intimately.
    It's had a new engine, exhaust system, brakes all round,rear window motor replaced, front window motor replaced, poor starting, excessive smoking and lights coming on on the dash for the fun of it.

It is now fully sorted (Thanks Stevo, and others) and is as sweet as a nut.
    I just want to know the answers to the following questions to complete the complex jigsaw that is 2.4 Surf ownership!!

1. What does the hinged bar thingy and hinged plate in the toolkit do?
    2. How do you check and change the diff oil?

Answers on a postcard please.

Cheers all

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Originally posted by Pauleds
    Now then, everything that can go wrong with my Surf has gone wrong in the 3 years i've owned it so i feel i know my way round it intimately.
    It's had a new engine, exhaust system, brakes all round,rear window motor replaced, front window motor replaced, poor starting, excessive smoking and lights coming on on the dash for the fun of it.

It is now fully sorted (Thanks Stevo, and others) and is as sweet as a nut.
    I just want to know the answers to the following questions to complete the complex jigsaw that is 2.4 Surf ownership!!

Cheers all

Paul.
    the hinged plate thingy is a wheel chock
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds

Cheers all

Paul.
      1. its probably your wheel chock.
      2. i'm still putting it off although i have bought the gear oil (can you do the front with underslung aircon rad in the way?)
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Re: diff oil change...

Not sure about the front on the 2.4 but check the sticky threads on Mechanicl-General-Technical I believe....still to do the front on mine, because I couldnt be bothered moving the bash plate.

Made sure I could undo the bolt on the side of the diff prior - dont wanna find that i've emptied the oil and cant undo the nut.[had to use breaker bars on mine as they were so stiff to remove]...the diff oil should be just under the lip as you put your finger in..should come out with diff-oil on...
        Gaz

Comment

Noted Gaz,
          Why do we need a wheel chock?
          French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

stop your car rolling away when you do a wheel change?
            Tim

Comment

Yes you can do the front diff oil with the a/c rad, you have to remove the bolts to get a bit of movement. Then take it to Tony and watch him struggle.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                Yes you can do the front diff oil with the a/c rad, you have to remove the bolts to get a bit of movement. Then take it to Tony and watch him struggle.
                hahah for my benefit - how much struggling is needed cos i might do mine this week!
                Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                  hahah for my benefit - how much struggling is needed cos i might do mine this week!
                  Not too much I think. His legs did move about abit, but there was no swearing. I don't know how much of a guide this is.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                  X