Which are the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are the best?

Hi all. Yes I know it's my first post and I'm already asking advice, but I'm really just not sure. So in your opinion which are the best value rear shocks to get for a '94 3.0TD and why? Also if you know where from that'll be great! I sent Milners' an email about a week ago asking for exactly what model the gas shocks are that they sell but still no reply! So if you can help, thanks.
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Best value are certainly Procomp (but then I would say that as I sell them!!), then you've got Rancho, OME, and plenty others going up the price scale.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Best value are certainly Procomp (but then I would say that as I sell them!!), then you've got Rancho, OME, and plenty others going up the price scale.

LOL, OK you sell them, but you haven't said how much for?

Comment

Procomp es9000, but then they are the ones graceing my girl. couple these with uprated torsion bars and stiffer springs and you can corner like a goodn.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

i have adjustable ranchos but they are 3 times the price of pro-comps and from what ive ridden in they are probably best for value.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
            LOL, OK you sell them, but you haven't said how much for?
            Sorry.

Give me a call and we'll sort something out.

01256 473397
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Sorry.

Give me a call and we'll sort something out.

01256 473397
              that old chesnut... think of a figure and double it hey Tony>??

dont worry MickeyBoy Tony will do you a good deal.
              Tim

Comment

sorry guys, didnt mean to waste your time guys, but I got back from a tip and the mrs has had 'em replaced!!!!! don't you just wish you had a bird like mine!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
                  sorry guys, didnt mean to waste your time guys, but I got back from a tip and the mrs has had 'em replaced!!!!! don't you just wish you had a bird like mine!!!!!!!
                  im sorry but that must mean you allow her to drive your car??
                  son go to the back of the class and stand in the corner
                  i just cant get my head round that one
                  if my missus wants to drive a surf then she can buy her own
                  at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

what is the difference in use between procomp es3000 and es9000? The stage 2 kit on their website gives the es3000 still. They only seem to be £2 more if you buy the shocks separate so i'm thinking they might know it works best for the surf. 9000s are firmer? Better off road maybe? What about road handling with an empty truck, bit twitchy? How do either compare to the standard toyota adjustable suspension on the hard setting?? My suspension still seems ok but i'm keen on a few extra inches to lift me out of those Salisbury ruts and new shocks all round might be better than i realise. And some new mud pluggers oh yes
                    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
                      9000s are firmer?
                      yes
                      Tim

Comment

but it doesn't feel un-giving and bouncy like an empty van? I'm about 50/50 on and off road (use my bike for commuting) Is the 3000 more than ok for off road? If the 3000 is like my standards on normal and 9000 like standards on Hard i'll get the 9000s....If the 3000s are like standards on hard i'll get them

What benefits does a suspension lift bring anyway the rear axle is the same height off the floor but i guess the front is less likely to hit and better departure angles. I can still put bigger tires on without a body lift as well right? but i don't need a different bash plate Theres loads of posts on this but putting them all together is a mare

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
                          but it doesn't feel un-giving and bouncy like an empty van? I'm about 50/50 on and off road (use my bike for commuting) Is the 3000 more than ok for off road? If the 3000 is like my standards on normal and 9000 like standards on Hard i'll get the 9000s....If the 3000s are like standards on hard i'll get them

What benefits does a suspension lift bring anyway the rear axle is the same height off the floor but i guess the front is less likely to hit and better departure angles. I can still put bigger tires on without a body lift as well right? but i don't need a different bash plate Theres loads of posts on this but putting them all together is a mare

A body lift will lift the body of the truck up off the frame giving you more clearance for bigger tires. Body lift is the cheaper way to go but you don't gain any enhancement in suspension travel.

A suspension lift will give you the clearance plus add more wheel (suspension travel) to your vehicle giving it greater off road capabilities

Without a lift, generally you are limited to 31/10.5/15's [unless 3rd Gen] as larger sizes with will either rip off the wings or will s_c_rape when on full lock
                          Last edited by Gizmo; 9 April 2006, 20:34.
                          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
                            im sorry but that must mean you allow her to drive your car??
                            son go to the back of the class and stand in the corner
                            i just cant get my head round that one
                            if my missus wants to drive a surf then she can buy her own

Damned right I do as she bought it for me as a present! and WILL be buying her own! Probably a lot newer and I wouldnt mind getting a rip or two in it when she does. Shaggy, life is a two way road!

Comment

cheers for that, if i can't get bigger tires with the suspension lift anyway i'll get some MTs first and see how much they help and then decide about the lift. As things are the Surf has only been stuck twice in ruts and that's mainly because the tires i've got (runway enduros) wouldn't climb out to the side before the deep bits. I needs more grip! So now to hunt down the 1000's of opinions about which MTs

Comment

Working...
                              X