Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Idling speed KZN185

Surf numpty here
    My Surf idles at around 500 rpm, I know I have one of those manual switches foe increasing revs at standstill for heaters and stuff, but on normal road use when I come to a junctionI am nearly stalling the engine,anyone got any ideas ?
    Last edited by John h; 3 April 2006, 10:00. Reason: Its a Manual by the way
    Death rides a Black Horse

Mine idles around 700rpm.

Comment

650-750 for a 1KZ-TE
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry to heap on the bad news - mine idles at 750-800

You could try disconectiong the batteries for a couple of hours & see if that re-sets the ECU etc.

just an idea - based on little or no technical knowledge

ta

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Thanx Again !

Cheers Mate

I think I'll wait till I get back to Arksey before I try tinkering with electrics ! Had the bonnet up yesterday ..... Seriously scary !

Comment

Done That But?

Right then I did the stuff It iles at around 750 from cold, now ,when I've driven between Donny and Barnsley and engine is warm it reverts to idle at 500 and drops below that when I come to reversr park etc.Never known a 3ltr turbo get close to stalling ! Any ideas ?

Comment

Has it had a service recently? Or signs of the throttle cable stops tampered with?

You might want to disconnect the batterys for a while to reset the ECU, then see if it reverts back to normal, failing that pull the fault codes and see what comes up.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Surf Numpty

Now Tony I thought you would have realised by now that my technical expertise with all things trucks is extremely limited !Wessex and Seakings maybe, Trucks, No. When I re-set the ECU Thing the idle from cold is normal after warm up the problems start. Autoserv serviced the truck before collection and changed the timing belt etc.I don't have to rev the nuts off it to pull away but it judders when I lift the clutch to pull away unless I blip the accelorator it has stalled once. My old patrol never did this.

Thanx again for your help

Comment

Working...
                X