Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel arch measurements

Hi

Does any one know what the factory measurements are for REAR wheel rim (standard wheels) to arch dimensions on a 2nd gen? I know the fronts are set from 13 1/2" to 14" from factory, but for the life of me cannot find anywhere which gives the rears!

Also would It make any difference if the arches had the flares or not??

I put some HD OME 2 1/2 " lift rear springs on about 2 years ago, the measurement before fitting was a very sad 11 1/2". They now are 14" from rim to arch which makes me think perhaps they have only given me a small lift over stock!

The front torsion bars were tweaked to give 15" but now sit at 14" with what appears to be no more adjustment!!

I'm seriously thinking of balljoint spacers or uprated torsion bars /rear spring spacers and possibly 1" or 2" body lift any one have experience of uprated torsion bars? I do tow a large caravan a lot, so wondered which would be best?

Admin, sorry about wrongly placed previous post!

Cheers

Neil
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

I've just put some new 2" lift rear springs on the rear of mine and the rim to arch comes out at a smidgen under 15". The torsion bars are set to match this at the front but you're going to need low profile bump stops to achieve this lift and still get some suspension movement. Even with ball joint spacers you'll still be looking at a front measurement of around 15" - the spacers just give you more travel, not more lift. Also you want to think about fitting manual locking hubs at the front to save wear and tear on the cv's. The cheapest way to get low profile bump stops is to cut the standard ones in half.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Thanks Roger, seems the springs have dropped a bit on mine!

Luckily I fitted manual hubs some time ago, so this will help on the fronts!

Seems like I need some balljoint spacers or new torsion bars!!!

Cheers
      Neil
      www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Working...
      X