mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg

just bought a 1992 2.4 efi surf auto. im only getting 19 mpg and thats driving stedy, i used to get 26 mpg from my landrover discovery. it's in good condition and thers no smoke. is this wright.

Nah, we get better than that from our V6 petrol one!

Hot favorites are blocked EGR valve, dodgy injectors, split vacuum hoses or generally in need of a service. Toss a bottle of Redex in it, and a blast down the motorway always seems to get results.

You need to be getting at least 25, normally driving.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks. were is the egr valve and how do you unblock it

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Nah, we get better than that from our V6 petrol one!

Hot favorites are blocked EGR valve, dodgy injectors, split vacuum hoses or generally in need of a service. Toss a bottle of Redex in it, and a blast down the motorway always seems to get results.

You need to be getting at least 25, normally driving.
        Nice to see you over here Birdy.I,ve got a 2.4 manual & normally get about 25mpg with a heavy right foot.
        Tony's right you need to start checking under the bonnet. A few folks on here have disconnected the egr altogether.
        Try that to start with & then try a heavy dose of redex thru a quarter of a tank of diesel.
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

cheers il give it a try

Comment

just checked engine fault light with paper clip in diognosis plug ( as seen on technical electrical ) and my air temp sensour has a fault . i unpluged it and now she runs like a dream mutch faster and i think better on fule so far. have orded a new one

Comment

Originally posted by birdy
              just checked engine fault light with paper clip in diognosis plug ( as seen on technical electrical ) and my air temp sensour has a fault . i unpluged it and now she runs like a dream mutch faster and i think better on fule so far. have orded a new one

Glad to see it worked and not to bad a fault.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Working...
              X